1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fish Bempton cliffs.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by prof tench, May 28, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Ironicly the closest I,ve come to meeting my maker down Bempton was when I walked on from Reighton and was fishing next to the cut off waiting to go around when a large rock fell missing me by inches, holing my fish bag :eek: :eek: There,s danger coming from all sides nearly everywhere we fish but the truth of the matter is you,re more likely to be injured or killed on your journey there, ban the car?

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

True True.....

3. Steve

Steve Rockling

ban bempton to all but locals

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

keep it buddy ;D ;D.il stick to boulby ....

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

just stick to filey match's and you need never worry about ladders again. Birdash is banned from Filey Open matches, and club matches.

6. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Yeah but there are ladders at Filey Brigg so in some cases you will need to worry about ladders ;D ;D

Dan

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

most definitely is Dan, but you don't have to use them. i quite often walk down the steps on the bay-side when fishing the gully-wash area ;)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Yeah suppose your right there. How high is the brigg?

Dan

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

the ladder on the back of the brigg is about 20 foot high and is securely fastened by professionals (cps) ;D and it is also accessed by a level platform, whereas in contrast to another ladder I could mention which is tied together with pieces of string (3 sections) and is accessed by a 14 inch wide ledge, with a sheer drop down 350 feet!! Enough to make yer hair curl!!!! :eek:

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Years ago your dad lost a decent-ish fish on Ben Storeys Bill, I think he was fishing a club match and it was lying on the ledge underneath. I started to climb down for it untill he told me to leave it :eek: I could,nt stop looking at it all night it was doing my head in, of course your dad being what he is never looked at it once and just carried on fishing. I think we had about 7 fish apiece.

11. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Ohh right i got told that the ladder at Filey Brigg is really unstable and slippy as hell

Dan

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes it is . Ban the ladders at Filey! :eek: ;D

13. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha ban the ladder at filey ;D

Dan

14. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

now now cap'en ramrod , :-* how dare you criticise filey's premier welding and fabrication company's workmanship. Shall we put the ladders to bed now? night night ;)

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Nighty night :-*

16. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

what about my nightime story :'(

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha. ;D Once apon a time.....

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Not tonight, you,ve been a naughty boy, now get to sleep.....and I won,t tell you again. ;D

19. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

can i have a drink of warm milk then?

20. dbrown

dbrown Guest

And some cookeys haha ;D ;D