1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fish Bempton cliffs.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by prof tench, May 28, 2007.

1. prof tench

prof tench Guest

While digging the above out, I came across a Bempton article from 1977, when apparently the 9000s and Alveys were starting to take over from the trad Scarborough. This may interest Dan, anyway Ive scanned this one in too, although Bob may wish to move it elsewhere?

[​IMG] (bempt1)

[​IMG] (bempt2)

[​IMG] (bempt3)

Cheers, T

2. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Bempton Sea Angler Article

That looks like a really good article, is there anywhere i can get it in a big font ed?

Thanks

Dan

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Bempton Sea Angler Article

Proffs last post -

If you've got an e-mail address Dan, p.m. me it and I'll buzz you over the original sized copy. I've reduced these to help them download quick on the forum.

Cheers, T

Bigger print available at these Urls:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/bemmo.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/bemmo3.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/bemmo4.jpg

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Hi fellas and lasses, after a few years lay off I m preparing for a full on assault on the rocks and cliffs this coming winter season.I ve fished most of the known marks around the nth side of the Brigg and also Whitby and some of the Scarb marks. I 'd really like to give bempton a go, either from the cliff tops or if I had a clue of how to get down , the bottoms. I from Hull but have always preferred the rocks to the beaches and would be grateful of some help on this one.

Ta in anticipation.

Dave .

5. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I don't think your allowed to fish Bempton tops at this time of year due to the bird coloney.

You can fish the bottoms of Bempton though, ask Ramrod about that he knows best.

Dan

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I merged 2 topics here. Please see the below link for Bempton Code of Conduct. Also for safties sake as I understand getting down Bempton is a life threatening experience please could you discuss access by PM and keep in mind the age of some of the people that might request info from you ;) ;D.

Please noone take offence at that as non is intended. I just dont want Dans mum shouting at me when she finds her lad is climbing down 300 foot cliffs ;)

see :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/site-reviews-and-links-north-east-coast-fishing/bempton-cliff-fishing-code-of-conduct/0/

;)

7. mww

mww Rockling

It's a life threatening experience if Ramrod catches you cleaning out his secert hole.... ;D

Seriously, I'd re-emphasise BB's advice - if you're in any doubt about your abilities & head for heights then don't risk it.....

Mart

8. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I don't think u'd catch me going down the "Ladder" but i have been 3/4 of the way down roll up and dont think its too bad.

Dan

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Im intrested in this ladder , heard abit about it , doesnt anyone have a pic ,,, or no ude better not,, ;D

10. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Ive looked everywhere for a picture of it but carnt find it lol

Dan

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

The only ladder I know of is in my shrimp net. No pics of the alleged ladder please!

12. robq

robq Rockling

Dont bother letting your egos get the better of you lads, its a scary place :eek: :eek: It makes roll up look easy, if you slip there you will die, no joke :p :p leave it to the lads with the proper gear who know what they are doing.

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

if thats me ure trying to convinse not risking the ladder ,dont worry ure self my compass goes out of range when it gets past scarb.... ;D...

14. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I think roll-up is easy but i havent been all the way to the bottom.

Dan

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

Here owld up a sec , is that 5 stars i see ramrod,,, wayhaye,, ramrod the moderator ;D ;D
    I BLANKED ON SUNDAY!

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes Dav it,s true 8), Glenn was really struggling to cope having limited experience with computers so he had to give me a shout to dig him out being a bit of a whizzkid on the old keyboard and all that ;D But the best bit is I can interfere with your posts like I just did on your last one. ;D ;D

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Fidellerrrrr ;D ;D ;D

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

;D ;D, twxxty..........

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Thanks for all the advice chaps, robq has kindly offered to show me round roll up sometime.

cheers.

20. BIG rod

BIG rod New Member

the ladder should be taken down before someone is killed if u ask me, its a bad day wen u have to risk your life to catch a codling :-[