1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Marks How To Find The Goat Track

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by pmac, Oct 23, 2010.

1. pmac

pmac Blenny

lbums/oo68/paulmac1/sandsend006.jpg[/IMG]

just trying to post pics not mastered it yet
    [​IMG]
    this is the old railway track accessed from the sandsend carpark.
    [​IMG]
    you will pass this fence worth a chuck too its about 150yds along the track.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    rabbit hole north and south end its an easy flat fishing area
    [​IMG]
    keep on the track very easy walking
    [​IMG]
    looking back south to top of the world and bernies ledge (i think).this is an easy shoot to fish too.
    A little bit more hairy to fish than the rabbit holes.you can see a couple of lads on the top.

[​IMG]
    just as you get to the tunnel,theres a fence look seaward and you will see a path to walk down.
    [​IMG]
    IMG]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo68/paulmac1/sandsend019.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    its a very easy path to get down sometimes muddy.
    [​IMG]
    the steel stairs are at the bottom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this picture has been taken with my back to the sea.
    [​IMG]
    this picture is from the same point,its a small ledge with steps cut into the rock to get down onto the rocks /beach
    this area has lots of fishy places north area morso .
    but you can fish from the ledge at high water. not sure about the catch rate from the ledge , but the rocks and gully's have there moments.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: goatrack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great stuff Paul, thanks for taking the time to post up. I might have a walk along there with the dog next week, how far do you reckon it is?

Nick

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thats a fantactic post :happy:. For a visiting angler like myself this will help a great deal

5. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

yes, excellent paul very informative, r u still amec ing

6. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not too far Nick. Once you are at the top of the steps from the car park corner it's a steady 10 minute walk maximum. It's the steps and all your gear that's the killer though. Especially if you are unfit like me... :embarrass:

7. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers mr lee. Does the path carry on further, don't think the dog will appreciate the drive from Marske for just a 20 minute mooch about.

Nick

8. Baramundi Bob

9. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can't say as I have ever walked any further past the footpath down to the shingle fishing area fella. Walkers meander further round past the tunnel area I think. The area down goat track you fish though is fantastic. To the left is a bit more level and like slate bed. Immediately infront of you from the steps though is rocky and looks bang on for cod and bass. To the right is a ledge that you can fish off easily, just beware of high waves. It's handy going down there at low water though to check what you are fishing over.

10. Baramundi Bob

The path goes up the side of the tunnel and many miles thereafter, all the way to Helmsley. Its the Cleveland Way.

11. pmac

pmac Blenny

did anybody have any success down the track ??

12. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Does the path carry on further, don't think the dog will appreciate the drive from Marske for just a 20 minute mooch

when you reach goat path area,

continue to follow old NYR track @ 100yds,

prior to tunnel (partly boxed in) turn right (assuming your heading from S/E)

up a steep stone incline, up the steep steps, at the top you will come to a field.

follow the dry stone wall taking in views of sea etc etc & you will go slightly

inland & come to the south end of Goldsbrough fishing marks.( see marks topic for pics etc)

keeping on the path (its actually all the Cleveland way section)

passing all the marks, get downs (see if you can spot them) you

come up to Kettleness, taking in the views /marks etc etc.

either carry on to runswick or return back to S/E.

Easy walk for both man & dog,

plenty of info to take in if your intending a session or two

along this section of coast.

13. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

Great post. Might have a fish there in the coming season