1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many Fish On One Bait ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

There we were minding our own business, anchored up and just waiting for the fish to arrive, when a passing stranger came by and asked if he could tie on to the back of us. Not wanting to be rude we allowed him to tie off the back of my yak. He set up his rig and baited up with a great big manky squids head - Not a chance with that bait I said to myself. Confident of outfishing him I continued with my trusted fresh peelers. Two minutes later hes shouting Ive got one.

[​IMG]

The spawney git had poached our fish. 5 Minutes later hes at it again.

[​IMG]

Then he starts telling the story of how he hasnt changed his bait for 3 casts. Unbelievable. 2 fish on a piece of squids head. JUst when I thought he wouldnt get any more out popped a pollock of around 7 pounds.

[​IMG]

3 fish on a manky squids head, then he declares hes board, unties and leaves us with nothing but wrasse, which took a squids head I located in my bait supplies :laugh:.

[​IMG]

Joking aside Dave seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Well done on some nice fish.

It was a nice day today but there was some big swells at times which were a little frightening. Both myself and Mike nearly ended up in the drink and I got a tad wet when one of the waves went down my back.

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

nice to see a couple of fish, me and little sage had our first fishing trip to day but blanked, still was a great day though, :happy: :happy: a new experience for us,and we now have a better idea of what to do next time, and maybe improve our chances of catching. :yes: :yes: we had a real good paddle at least a couple of mile, and the old arms are aching a bit now and as for lee he was asleep virtually by the time i had drove up runswick bank and slept all the way home ( durham) . i started to unload car and he woke up then disappeared, after sorting everything out i went in the house to find hime asleep on the sofa :tired: :sleepy: :tired: :sleepy:
    i think it a bath and early to bed for both of us,

3. newdave

newdave Guest

its 2.4 nm from the slip to fillet tail, you will have paddled between 5 & 6 miles :yes:

didn't leave because i was bored glenn, just that the fish had sucked all the juice out of my squid head & it was the only one i had :laugh: :laugh:

4. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

spawney its nice to see you dont need peelers when uptiding i see you emtptyed the bit of ground glenn was fishing and just left wrasse
    cheers ian

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

no wonder we are both knackered :laugh: :laugh:

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

great report there glen , see spawnys at it again ...... :happy:

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

The spawney git always seems to just happen to be there at the right time :laugh: we sent him up just to show you northern raiders how it,s done :educated:

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Wait till the big boys come out to play raymond . :cheesy: :cheesy: