1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How close have you come ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, May 11, 2008.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

So most of us at some time have to have the permission of the F.P.O. (fishing permission officer...otherwise known as the missus ) to go fishing.
    Well "The Bitch" knows her Plaice and I don't have to earn many points of favour to get out fishing.However there are the minus point scores that could be used against me and this weekend I think I managed to out-do myself !!
    Having ordered a box of crab to ensure I have some cart for this summer off I trundled to pick them up.
    The lad at my supplier said "What are you putting them in ?" "Oh just in the back of the car,I ve put a blanket down."

Today and we had decided on a little drive up the coast, after a spot of breakfast I went to the car (which had been parked in the baking morning sun).When I opened the door I nearly passed out with the stink of rotten crab.....guess more water than I planned had run out of the box on the way home the day before.

So we spent the day driving up to Whitby with all windows down and the sunroof open to try to at least be able to breath without wretching .......Jellyworm is in bad books.....it was Kims car that I picked the crab up in not mine....lol.... :wink: :wink:

So what is the worst thing that you have done that has nearly or has resulted in fishing privileges being removed ?

Cheers Jellyworm.

P.s. Anyone know how to get rid of the stench of rotten crab ?

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nightmare that like dave ,,,,,,,obviously all cooked and no good as cod baits ?

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Oh no the bait was all sorted yesterday ...it was the water that had run out of the crab and through the box into the carpet boot liner of her car.... :embarrass: :embarrass:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Jeyes fluid will shift it.

Got some funny stories but Ill save them for tomorrow. Off to bed :wink: :happy:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats ok then , as long as they are wrapped up nicely in deep freeze i cant see what the problem is ..... :laugh: :laugh:......tell kim to just breathe through her mouth when she drives dave , and she wont smell a thing plus she wont be able to nag you ,, :laugh: :laugh:,,,

6. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

just broke up with my now x misses lol (happy as a pig in do do )over the fishing i got sick of haveing to ask her if i could go or not and sick of all the complaints everytime you come down to see me you end up makeing rigs why do we have to go down to look at the sea ,at this time you must be mad the usewell do do lol so im blumming happyer on my own and it saves me more money for bait and more time fishing lol all in all a bloody good deal i say :laugh:

7. robq

robq Rockling

Luckily I had a waterproof sheet down in my car Dave to catch the leakage !! however there is now a nasty rotten crab smell coming from the integral garage which is attatched to the kitchen and my wheelie bin is full of stinking carcasses so Nicky is none to happy !! :whatever: :whatever:

She is even less happy that she has to spend all day tomorrow ( her only day off !! ) waiting in to take delivery of my 200 peelers that I have ordered !! Wait til she finds out that she is assisting in the peeling/freezing process :scare: :scare:

I think I will doing some catching up on my fishing permission points !!

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Invest in a boot liner, got one off ebay and they are worth there weight in gold, not very expensive and you can get them for most cars and are designed to fit the boot perfectly... after going fishing just pull the boot liner out pour a bucket of soapy water over it quick scrub dry off and drop it back back in the boot....

You could even buy her one for her Birthday or early Christmas present...that should get you back in her good books Dave.... :laugh: :laugh:
    Well maybe not..... :wounded: :death:

9. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

P.s. Anyone know how to get rid of the stench of rotten crab ?
    [/quote]

Smell of fish and chips normally does it (or chinese, indian, mcdonalds)

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Found the perfect way to get Kim back on side..lol

I ve promised her a weekend of either crabbing or maybe even fishing next weekend...that should do the trick. :wink: :wink:

11. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

i was once supposed to be back in time to take her out for a meal in a posh nosh restaurant but didnt :evil: then after the sesh instead of going to see her i went to the pub lol then spent the rest of the next day not seeing her due to a serious hangover :embarrass:
    however...i know how to score my brownie points :wink: :canadian:

12. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

weekend in newcastle does it for me :cheesy:

13. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

why the hell would ya wanna spend a weekend in newcastle!? :surprise: lol

14. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

Worm, the product you need is called Odestroy. We used to get it from Arden Winch in Sheffield if you can't find a local supplier.

It's around £9 per litre, but you dilute it 1 to 10 with water and use it in an atomiser spray. Unlike other air fresheners this actually kills the smell as opposed to temporarily masking it.

15. Baramundi Bob

Only ever got told I couldnt go fishing once and that was the night she came home from hospital with our first born. She did me a favour really as I went out the next night and bagged up :laugh:.

Think Ive told this one before but its real funny. Me and Killer were having a telephone conversation about an unnamed angler who was getting some stick from the missus for going fishing.

"If any woman ever tried to tell me I couldnt go fishing, I would tell her to folk off" said Paul. No sooner had the sentence come out of his mouth I heard Vicky (Obvioulsy just entering the room) shout "Would you Now !!!" Making his excuses Paul said he had to go and would phone me back later :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

16. Baramundi Bob

On the topic of Smelly boots, Killer got a lift fishing with Dave Perett. Killer caught an eel amingst his nights catch and bagged it for the weigh in. However when he got to the weigh in the eel was nowhere to be seen. They checked Dave Parrots car and couldnt find the eel so just assumed it had got out the bag on the scar. Dave Perret said his car stunk for about 3 weeks, then one day he got a puncture and went to change the wheel for the spare and there was the rotting eel curled up inside the spare wheel. :surprise: :yes:

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

I just got a 10 day leave of absence. . . . :suspious: think she must have a fella :suspious:

18. Baramundi Bob

Good luck with your trip to the south Ken :happy: :wink:

19. bucko

bucko Guest

A mate of mine let some live peeler escape in his boot and thats where they ended up as well. It was rank! The same lad also had a maggot escape in his car during Winter- which was fine until you put the heater on and massive docile bluebottles blew out onto the back of your hand, in your face etc.
    Me? I've never been guilty of a smelly car though the time a pack of black lug dropped out of my bag the day before I went on holiday was a bit of a stinker. The missus wouldn't go near my car for weeks.

20. warrior

warrior New Member

I WAS GIVEN THE OPTION OF A BOAT OR MARRIGE, I MUST SAY I HAVE A LUVLI WARRIOR 150.& THE LONGEST ENGAJMENT ON RECORD 21 YEARS, ( THINK BOATS LAST LONGER ENEYWAY) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: