1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can That Be ? Is Paul Kilpatrick Really The Best Skipper ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Chris Gibson, Apr 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Chris Gibson

Chris Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all, just seen a post on the main page which says Sea otter 2 whitbys number 1 skipper !!!!!!
    Do the skippers have an annual comp or is there a voting time to vote a skipper as WHITBYS NUMBER 1. If so how does it work.

I find that any skipper that gets up at the hours they do and takes the lads and lasses out that they should all be classed as a number 1 skipper...

what do you think?

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: HOW CAN THAT BE?

I think you should sit down in front of the telly and pour yourself a drink

3. robq

robq Rockling

Re: HOW CAN THAT BE?

" Your right dad, the boat is the bees knees.. Plenty of room on board toilet and a good skipper that looks after his paying party.... To me he is a No 1 skipper at whitby don't know how other people rate him but he always seems to find them if they are ther.... "

sounds to me like a bit of a chip on your shoulder chris ;D ;D

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Bums on seats talk. Sea Otter 2 is booked more consistently than any other boat in port. That speaks volumes for what people think of the boat and skipper.

5. Chris Gibson

That's what I was asking coz I didn't know weather they had an annual pole or vote on it.

6. Baramundi Bob

Yes there is also a pole on the main site. Paul tops it. Ill get you a link soon as Im just upgrading all the site software.

7. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Who'es Mick

8. Baramundi Bob

Paddy's mate

9. robq

robq Rockling

Sorry meant chris !!

10. Baramundi Bob

Even the other skippers are recommending him.

Attached Files:

11. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/your-favourite-whitby-charter-skipper

Attached Files:

12. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Why don't you book trips with the top 3 boats and decide for yourself, or better still have a look at catch reports and let your brain engage and your decision will be made!!!!!

I do think the title of your thread Chris shows that you must not read this site, so was asked as a provocation rather than a discussion point!!!

#thismanisaclown

13. brian carragher

Whitby is like the football league, some skippers are in the premiership, some in the championship and some in the lower leagues, you get what you pay for in terms of boat and skipper and knowledge and expertise

There's half a dozen or so skippers in Whitby who are in the premiership and they're the ones to book with but because they're good at what they do and anglers are successful in catching fish because of the skippers efforts there will be times when its nigh on impossible to get on certain boats

14. ivan

ivan Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

There is no doubt that Paul Killpatrick is a good skipper and always gets amongst the fish. But I fish with Rich Cope on Mistress and can honestly say that I have never had a bad session. Every angler that fishes at Whitby has their own favourite skipper and boat and if they get amongst the fish each time they will keep coming back. These so called league tables don't really mean nothing.

15. Chris Gibson

Which are the top 3 boats?.. This was not posted as a provocation for any reason what so ever... , yes you are right I have worded it wrong... I was mearly asking how do they work out the number 1 skipper ... My thoughts were that it wouldn't be a fair advantage to other skippers when people are reading the forum to decide which boat to go on.... Then again this does question yet again why the other skippers don't put posts on like Paul does for the free advertising...Sea Otter does put some cracking reports on and pictures but the question was how did they work out the voting on this...NOW I KNOW... If anyone thinks that I have asked the question to provercate anyone then please accept my apologies... happy fishing

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have know Paul for a long time and he has been a class angler as long as I have known him ---
    I have never fished in a boat with him , but Im sure he will have taken the same level of expertise
    with him in his boat --- So im sure the NUMBER ONE title is a really true reflection on Paul

17. Misso

Misso Blenny

I can second that just had text of a couple of friends who are currently out with Paul as we speak they sometimes struggle with other skippers but today one of the lads is on his second fish box already saying best time he has ever had

18. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just been reading this post ........ I do have to say our Chris sometimes does not choose his wording correctly and as a result this post has probably been taken out of context.

That said this is an open forum and any participants should be entitled to question or give their opinion on any subject whether that appears to be provocative, controversial, helpful or just general banter. It is healthy to have a mix of topics for discussion on a forum. Albeit that some topics or posts may not be to everyone's liking and in some instances cause a little bit of provocation.

As per the initial question who is Whitbys number one skipper then who really knows ? Each individual angler would have their own take on this question as each angler chooses the boat they wish to fish from because of their own personal experiences. That said Paul Kilpatrick uses this site to promote his business, promote himself and promote Whitby as the sea anglers port of choice his reporting is good to read and gives that insight to what is happening up their on a daily basis.

There are a number of boats within the Charter fleet, wouldn't it be a pleasure to read a report from just half of these on a daily basis, but each skipper will have their own reasons for not posting that's their choice and that should be respected.

As for my number one skipper in Whitby ........... Does it really matter !!!! so long as I am on the water and catching fish and having a great day that's all that counts for me.

19. brian carragher

Very well put Mick

20. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I have fished from three boats in whitby and have had great days on all. However I have always said I will fish with Paul if I have the choice on given day and space on board. Paul loves fishing, more so than anyone else I know. I think I am right in saying that in his day he is/was also a dam fine shore angler. I have been out to 20 mile mark with Paul, had 2 drops no fish so back into 9 mile, few fish then tide right for 20 mile so back out and bagged up. Some skippers would have stayed out with no fish to catch until the tide was right, Paul took the chance on water clarity, it was wrong so moved until it was right. If he is not catching or the party he won't waste your time he is off looking.