1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about a survey of our own on the Bass situation

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by harrythecod, May 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Just read the rules regarding bass caught by Pleasure anglers ,as posted on here by Bassman,
    i for the life of me cnnot see how this will help in the upsurge of the Bass population ,

we all know a small craft fishing commercialy will catch far more than any sport ,or pleasure angler would hope to catch in a season let alone in on day,

how about putting a board up Glenn so we as honest anglers can add our seasons total together and see what we catch over the season form say now untill october ,

i bet it wouldnt amount to very much compared to say three boats fishing totaly for Bass with nets ,

Regards to all Harry

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

You've got the wrong impression harry.
    Noboby round here fishes for bass commercially on a small boat with nets, a couple of trawlers get a few go's at them in a certain month.
    The law came in pretty much to stop the pair trawlers (english and french) towing them away in massive numbers while they are breeding.
    As for your quote about anglers round here not catching many, i beg to differ, i could name you certain people off here and other known match anglers who purposely target them in a certain place on an evening to sell on.

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hi Smokey i was not refering to small boats around here in particular , i was refering to boats al around the coast,
    as the recreational fishing is allso all around our coast . i too know of many anglers who target the Bass ,

however i am sure you will agree that many many more Bass are caught by the boats than by recreational angling,
    all so i am not having a go at the boat fishing ,i am haveing a go at the stupidity (in my opinion) of this three fish limit on recreational angling ,

if an angler were to fish every day for a month and take the limit that would only add up to around 120 fish ,
    ia am sure some boats ,(and i have seen some reports) catch that and more in one tide ,

what i am trying to get at is dont people think this is a stupid limit to try and impose on the recreational angling .thats my point and i will not make any more comment :)

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Nice reply H, i totally see where you are coming but trust me, it's not the inshore under 10 meter fleet you need to worry about ;) :)