1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How About A Bit Of Fun ??

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive been thinking about this one for a while. Not so much a competition, but something to make this section a bit more interesting and to encourage us to learn and take more exciting pictures.

This is my idea and its only the start of an idea so if you think it can be done differently please shout up.

Every fortnight one of us picks a theme (Animals, birds, buildings, churches, landscapes, people, trees, rivers - whatever you can think of).

Everybody who is in commits to post at least 1 picture on the named subject within a 10 day period. we then discuss the results and ask questions about how each picture was produced.

Other than keeping to the theme there are no hard and fast rules. People may use whatever camera they own and whatever photo editing software they choose to create whatever effect they like. There will be no whinging about photoshopping our using professional cameras. What you must do is post a picture, describe how you did it and be willing to answer questions.

Even if you only have a mobile phone camera your more than welcome to join in. The idea is to learn rather than prove who has the best camera. There will be no single winner, but hopefully we all win by gaining new knowledge.

Each fortnight one of us will choose a new theme and off we go again.

How about it ?? Any suggestions ??

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Awesome idea Glenn :yes:

I don't have any ideas for he first theme though lol

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

cracking idea bob, anything to encorage us to go out and take pics.they do a simalar thing in a magazine i get ,they award points each month to the best and count them up at the end of the year.

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Not a bad idea ,but i dont think i can contribute much at the moment i am still a novice , but i will give it a go :yes:

5. Baramundi Bob

Thats the idea Harry, you contribute something and then others can suggest ways you can improve it. Or you see someone elses picture and you ask how it was done. I think we all stand to gain something from it.

6. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Course you can H :yes:

Just as long as the first topic isn't 'fish' I'm sure we'll all be fine :laugh:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Here you are Kev ,this is the best way to see your fish

[​IMG] :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Come on then what's the first topic for us to have a play about with ?
    If a few of us contribute others will surely join in. :happy:

Cheers Dave.

9. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes great idea Glenn, i'm always looking for ways to improve my pics and this sounds like a really good idea, So whats the first subject???

10. Baramundi Bob

How about Birds/Animals ? If we start with that to get the ball rolling then someone elses can name another theme on the 26th. You can post as many pics as you want but lets get them posted by next Saturday evening. Is that enough time ??

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Sounds ok to me ,i will struggle with birds ,i havnt got a telephoto lens yet ,but will give it a shot :happy:

12. Baramundi Bob

Doesnt have to be birds Harry. Can be an animal. Theres plenty of sheep about tha knows !!! :surprise: :laugh: :laugh:

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Now Now Glen,keep it clean :laugh: :laugh:,if anyone sees me in a field with my wellies on ,looking strangely at a sheep ,remember its only for a photo :whistle:

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Do the photos have to be taken between now and next Sat ? Or can we use ones already shot on those subjects ?

15. Baramundi Bob

use ones you have if you want dave. not really any rules

16. hooked by the sea

hooked by the sea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi glenn is this were we are going to post the pics also when are you going to start posting great idea by the way
    should help beginners like me :cheesy:

17. Baramundi Bob

Yes mate post them in here and we will take it from there.

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Now Now Dave no cheating,i know you want to post that photo of the reindeer santa brought you with the big sad eyes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

19. GJW

GJW Rockling

Okay then i will start with these i took a week ago..

A rather cold looking pigeon.

[​IMG]

A Duck (female)

[​IMG]

A Duck (male) Drake

[​IMG]

I believe a young female black bird..

[​IMG]

Cheeky squirell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shots were taken on my Sony Alpha 200 DSLR.

Pigeon: shutter speed 1/160 aperture f5 iso 100 at 90mm.

Duck: shutter speed 1/250 aperture f5 iso 100 at 100mm

Duck (Drake) shutter speed 1/200 aperture f4 iso 125 at 120mm

Female black bird shutter speed1/125 aperture f10 iso 100 at 100mm

Squirell shutter speed 1/400 aperture f5.6 iso 400 at 300mm

Just new to DSLR's so just learning by my mistakes really, dont enhance pics with with photoshop, although i have nothing against people who do use them i guess i might be old fashioned in my ways but i like to see natural pics the only editing i do is i might crop the picture or adjust the horizon slightly..

I am intrested in tips to improve my photo skills with out useing programmes such as photoshop etc, i agree you can do some wierd and wonderful things with photo shop and get some truley amazing results and awesome looking pictures, maybe i may change my views in the future but for now i will concentrate on learning about the camera and haveing an eye for a good picture.. Any help would be very much appreciated..

Happy snapping

Gary

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cracking pictures Gary :yes: