1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hope for cod

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1496848.ece

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sounds good Tim - But I'm always cynical of what is said and what actually happens. Isn't this the same government that has failed to keep 12 boats out of a small area from Sandsend to Boulby for the past 10 or more years ?

Do you think they will be able to effectively enforce this ?

3. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

not 100% sure glenn but i think boats have tracking devices on them now so they can be located by satelite at any time.so with these protected zones created they should be keeping a close eye on the activity in them.in theory anyhow.

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Like you say,it sounds good in theory,every time this winter i have ventured up to Longhole on a Monday night,you can hear them chugging away,well inside of where they should be,no lights on whatsoever then all of a sudden when its time to haul,they appear offside all lights blazing.Either that or its the Marie Celeste ;) ;) ;) ;)