1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOLIDAY FISHING --- SHARKS FROM THE SHORE..

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Pleased you took some advice by heading south of Scarborough during summer Gary :laugh: top report again! Seems like those big boys will take some pulling in, the only saving grace is your rod snapped early rather than later :wounded: and you made such a good job of repairing your rod I would never have noticed had it not been for the ring spacings :whistle: what happened to the fish you caught? Or did you return that amberjack :cheesy: Good to read another of your reports Gary, and the MOG is sooo yesterday!

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Thanks Rupert. I really didn't know I would be chasing Sharks or would of contacted you for some info. I just took a little of everything to cover most fishing situations but not enough for the bigger Sharks. Tackle was expensive out there what little they had. Paid 14 euro for a cheap pair of pliers to retrieve my few big hooks I had.. Wahoo fought hard and kept deep they had some stamina and fought all the way to the end true ocean athlete's.

Pleased you took some advice by heading south of Scarborough during summer Gary top report again! Seems like those big boys will take some pulling in, the only saving grace is your rod snapped early rather than later and you made such a good job of repairing your rod I would never have noticed had it not been for the ring spacings what happened to the fish you caught? Or did you return that amberjack Good to read another of your reports Gary, and the MOG is sooo yesterday!

Yes the Amberjack went back to fight another day.....haha. :laugh: They were taken and sold I believe. Not sure I would fancy eating it after it had been laying in the sun for four hours.. Would of returned it but the locals come down hard on that.. Just look at this picture. A knife to the head If I didn't smile..... :scared: :surprise:

[​IMG]

The fish for Rum deal seemed to work okay.. :embarrass:

[​IMG]

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

See what you mean Gary, even the fish is smiling :laugh: a man standing behind you in a pool of blood, with a knife in his hand can be a little intimidating, but enough about Middlesbrough :laugh:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: classic!

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Found another picture of you shark fishing Gary :laugh:

[​IMG]

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

LMAO... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. Jacko1967

Jacko1967 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

best report i've seen for years,

thanks

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

fantastic gary, you certainly know how to enjoy yourself

9. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

best report and pictures ive seen on here.absolutely brilliant ,well done.
    nearly went there this year on my holidays,ended up in rhodes and caught very little apart from some small flatties and a perch type fish, im kicking my self!

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Quality Gaz, great write up and fantastic pictures...............................

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

very enjoyable read gary,i WON'T be taking my speedos though if i visit. :scared: :scared:

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

quality read gaz, bloody hell you could have went out yakking on that dorado you caught :cheesy:

13. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Great report Gary, pity you didn't bring back some of those peelers.

[​IMG]

Wouldn't want to stick my hand under a rock over there. :scare:

14. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Great read Gary and brilliant pictures. Jaws wouldn't of had a look in if you had been fishing for him. Cracking report and well done on your fishing adventure.

Chris

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

What a report Gary . Loved every bit of it mate . very well done and glad you had a great time .. :yes:

16. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

top report mate , was there a couple of years ago top holiday great weather and good fishing what more can you ask for

17. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

What another great report gary, with stunning pictures. It sounds like you had fun out there. Keep you the good work mate.

Cheers lee

18. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

amazing report and pics and all i can hope for is pulling a mackie at the gare well done

19. webbo

webbo New Member

You got any details on accommodation or was it a package hol, I'm looking to book it

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/hall-of-fame-article