1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday fishing in Turkey

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by BigPauly, May 11, 2014.

1. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Eh up lead chuckers

I'm off on my annual jollies to Turkey next week and was wondering if anyone has fished the bodrum / Torba area before. If anyone could give me any pointers as to the best gear to take (keeping it light) and what methods and bait / lures for a bit of shore fishing off the rocks. Not realy sure what species I can expect to encounter, although I would guess at mullet, bream and maybe bass. I'm also confused about whether or not I might need to get a licence as I've read conflicting advice from various other sites.
    Any advice would be most greatfully received.
    Cheers
    BP

2. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lots of info on here..

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1191565

and here...

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/general-sea-angling-discussion/1691437-fishing-turkey.html

Roger.

3. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When I go abroad I by one of them cheap telescopic set ups and find little shellfish on the rocks like winkle things or little limpets crack them open with a rock and bait with them you catch some right weird critters.

4. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Best bait I kid you not!! Raw chicken breast cut up into tiny pieces ,Beats the socks off anything else, that's what all the locals use and they do very well

5. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

In turkey now.
    Decided to leave the gear at home - schoolboy error!
    Just been out to the end of the hotel jetty, the water is thick with small sprat size shoals, big bass below them coming up from underneath and hammering the sprats. Big mullet on the bottom and bream everywhere.

Of out on a boat today so might get chance to chuck a line in if the skipper has some gear.

Looking forward to getting out with killer when I get back to the uk.

BP ;D