1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

holderness marks

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by brocky, Jan 23, 2009.

1. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

hi, just wondering how far away holderness is from redcar, also were are the productive marks and is it fishing well now?

2. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Think it will be a 2 hour drive to the northern beaches, and another 1/2 hour to the southern beaches - the area is turning a few fish out, but there is still a lot of blanks, I don't know the area well but from what I gather the general rule is big tides fish north of Witherensea, small tides south of the town, have a look at low to see features and fish into them as the tide floods - sorry can't tell you anymore, hopefully someone can help you further, I know Jellyworm put a comprehensive post up last year about the holderness - good luck if you manage to have a go

3. Im Cartacus

Im Cartacus Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Redcar to Tunstall bang on ninety miles, roll on March 7th :happy:
    TIGHT LINES.

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

It took us nigh on three hours from the boro, but we did get lost a few times :confused: and we also found a great chippy :hungry:

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

As quint says the "rule" has been a long standing guide but wind direction and sea conditions also come into it....there have been a few anglers going completely against the rule especially with a falling sea after sth easterly wind and pulling some big fish out from the traditional big tide venues but on smaller tides.

6. andyp

andyp New Member

You always seem to find a good chippy Dave,wether it be before or after our fishing. :laugh:

7. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

which way do ya go davo....only takes me just over 2 to 2 1/2hrs from durham...when its clear on motorway.A1..M62..hull then north to hornsea...or even less time to southern marks...

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

Paul, we just done an A-Z of all the chippies from the Boro along the coast to Hull. Aye, it was the longest way, but certainlythe tastiest :hungry:

:laugh: I thought Andy would turn up on this thread. Mind,the Haddock was tasty, but cant work out why they dont sell cod in chippies down there :crazy: :confused:

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

it is a canny drive , :surprise: i have fished withrnsea a couple of times and it is a good long drfive from teesside :wounded: :wounded: :wounded: and if you dont know the marks :blindfold: forget it :wounded:

10. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Christ Sage 2 hours... how fast you going?! :cheesy: :canadian: :happy:

11. Davo

Davo Rockling

It took us just less than 2 hours on the way back, but we took the motorway.

12. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

from where i live just outside of durham to withinsea is 140 miles of which 107 miles is motorway,( 70mph - 85mph) depending on traffic i can do it on average in about 2 hrs 15 mins, but it has took nearly 3 hrs when roads were busy

13. andyp

andyp New Member

Ill drive next time Dave and we should do it in less than 2hrs,we can do the chippy run before we set off next time.lol
    If the Dom is coming he will get to see what a long fishing session is all about(not 2hrs).
    I hope the little sh**e is reading this. :laugh: :laugh:

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:Ffs Andy thats funny pmsl :laugh: :laugh:

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

I think, by the time we arrived, we were to fat to get down the cliff, and thats why we fell down the cliff. Or rolled down. I thought we would have problems getting back up, until Ken said the immortal words "Do you fancy a pint lads" Fat or no fat, we bombed back up the cliff. Well almost :whistle: