1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

holderness forum

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dazz_m, Feb 21, 2013.

1. dazz_m

dazz_m Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi guys im trying to register with the holderness forum and it wont accept my email address is there any reason why, im trying my hotmail account
    cheers

2. Woodsmanuk

Woodsmanuk @woodsmanuk

I seem to remember I had to use my ISP email address.
    I think they only accept payed-for email addresses.

Bassman & Jellyworm from this site should be able to help you, I think they are modds on there.

Simon

3. bassman

bassman Administrator

hi Dazz your now registered on the holderness :happy:

4. dazz_m

dazz_m Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cheers woodsmanuk :cheesy: and cheers bassman :cheesy:

5. riggers

riggers Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Mornin lads, I'm having the same problem trying to register on the holderness, can someone fix it for me, ta.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Why are so many people having problems ? I get a lot of people asking the same thing on facebook.

7. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

I think the holderness forum had been hit with a load of spam etc, so i think you have to contact Admin direct to register if im not mistaken

8. Baramundi Bob

Thats no good. Who decided on that one. The forum should be open to everyone. Thats always been my policy. As for Spam, we deal with that as it happens and try to keep it out using various plugins etc.

Ill look into this.

Also was reading the other day that some members wanted the site closing to non members. Makes me wonder who owns that site sometimes.

9. Baramundi Bob

Ok I looked at the settings and its not on invite only.

How it works at present time is that you register as normal, then the site moderators can either approve or disapprove the member. quite why so many are getting dissaproved is beyond me.

Im going to try the system on email approval.

Please let me know if people still continue to have problems.

10. riggers

tried again , does not like yahoo :cry:

11. WetLine

WetLine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I thought it was just me ?
    You not alone Dazz_m I get the same problem (It doesn't like my Yahoo email address).
    I fish most of the Holderness beach so have been a bit flustrated :confused:

12. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ive had the same problem with registering for a long time glen in the end i gave up an put it down to my pc dumbness.

13. riggers

There was a post on there a while ago saying more people were viewing rather than posting anything, I wonder why, it's a good forum ,would be better with easier access.

14. Baramundi Bob

Is there any reason why you cant use an email address provided by your isp.

Ill take a look in the ban list and see if I can undo that restriction. Post back soon.

I always get a feeling with those moaning about more reads than posts. I think some of them want the forum closing to guests because they hate people posting up where the fish are being caught, which defeats the whole point of having a forum which is for sharing and helping. I always wonder why that type of person is on a forum at all, other than to cause problems. If a topic has a lot of reads it shows that someone is looking, someone is finding it of interest.

If I was a poster and worried about how many replies I get I would look at myself before blaiming the forum owners. If you cant draw replies to your topics, i would conclude your topics are crap and of no interest to anyone. always start with a good topic title. When I see uninteresting topic titles even on here I dont read them. You all know the type - sandsend tnight.

If your topic is something like - Caught 2 whities on the pier. Then how can you expect replies to that. Its dull as ditchwater.

If you want replies. Post a decent report, nice clear pictures, give lots of info, ask good questions, provoke debate, say something contraversial, say something funny.

Anyhow, just a few tips. If you cant get replies to your topics, think what YOU can do to improve them.

15. Baramundi Bob

Ok Ive opened up some of those email adresses. If you have problems please come back to me. Also please check your spam folders for the activation email as it sometimes goes in there.

16. riggers

Ok Bob , thanks for your help.

17. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

holderness isnt very newbie friendly anyway thats what i have found

18. Baramundi Bob

I dont think you can say that and just leave it there. If you think it can be improved then you will have to elaborate. Alan does a great job in keeping it all running, infact the past few months have seen the viewing figures higher than this site which is a first in all the years we have been running.

Let us know what you think could be changed to help newbies, we are very willing to listen.

19. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

PM sent

20. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cannot fault either site,
    full of info and posts regarding venues, how to fish,rigs and so much more.
    when people ask for help theres usually plenty given.
    thanks for the work keeping the sites going ,much appreciated.

frank.