1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey - These mini Tuna are great sport!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by rupert, Jun 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rupert

rupert Blenny

They can take a bit of finding, but once located these little devils aren't that tricky to catch, particularly on a nice hot day, of which we’ve had a few recently.

The location of these mini tuna is the hard bit, so be prepared to burn quite a bit of fuel in the search.

I don't have my own boat yet, so I had to make do with a ride on my friends. I was more than happy to fish from the stern of this, but wasn't looking forward to the bollocking if I got any blood on those spotless white leather seats!

[​IMG]

The rods were set to troll at a speed of around 3.5 knots, a nice bit faster than we troll for bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We tried a variety of small and medium sized Rapalas to no effect. I think these fish wanted something skipping in the waves, rather than under them, so on went a mini feathered trolling lure and BINGO!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second one was slightly smaller than the first.

[​IMG]

So there you have it.
    These guys can be dead easy to catch – providing you concentrate your effort in Spain! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

ha! i like it rupert, i got all excited then when i read your topic tilte

3. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mate it looks fantastic out there tou lucky sod lol

Im so jelous

4. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

I'm jealous too, about not being there, that is. As for the little fellas, they don't look much bigger than our Mackerel so I'm not so jealous about that, ha ha.

5. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

Just about to change my lead story in my Sunday Sun angling column, what a shame, bet it won't belong before you have ago and get one off here Rupert.

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Little tinker, here's me thinking you were fishing just off South Gare :laugh:

7. rupert

rupert Blenny

Thought these Spanish mini Tuna were good sport, until I started to wind a few of you lot in, particularly with all that recent talk of Yorkshire mini tuna. Made for better sport still!!

Food for thought round here though??????????

8. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

You tease!! Who knows tho it may anly be a matter of timebefore you hook one closer to home?