1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Sandsend or Reighton Sands

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Norfolk Nomad, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi to all experienced cod haulers!! Given the option of fishing either of these Wed /Thurs and looking to catch Cod - which gives the best chance and are their hotspots we can home in on. Scarborough based and fishless!! - 2 codling off East Pier 2night by a guy who lost 6 sets of gear but hey who said it was easy!! Getting desperate - wife thinks I'm seeing a gal as I keep coming back fishless!!

2. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Reighton is best for whiting and flatties and some say the odd small bass ?,
    i think you will be better of sandsend way for a cod matey

3. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

were you in the 4x4?

4. codfather911

codfather911 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sandsend is the cod mark out of them to but reighton can be good for sizeable whiting flatties and as stated before good for bass if there is surf on but never herd of any cod coming out :D

5. Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for narrowing down - much appreciated - was in a red 4 x 4 as seen on East Pier and sea-life centre looking deeply desperate !!!!

6. wakeydanny

wakeydanny Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

dont mean to sound ignorant but whereabouts is reighton compared to whitby and sandsend? cos if its got decent whiting and flatties il have to give it a go

7. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

reighton is just south of filey....

congrats on your first cod nomad hope its the first of many!