1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please had a couple of disasters.

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by foo, Feb 20, 2013.

1. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Hi Guys can anyone help ? I have got the message "MEMORY CARD ERROR" on my new fujifilm waterproof camera. The card is full and the message just appeared one day while I was snorkeling towards the end of my holidays. Can anyone suggest a solution and possible way to recover all my pics please ?
    Second disaster was I walked into the sea with my Panasonic TZ20 in my shorts pocket ...................Dergh result is Panasonic came off the worst and is goosed.

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

have you taken the memory card out of the camera and tried on the PC Foo?

3. foo

Taken memory card out of water logged camera and tried it in an old panasonic camera and that works fine so those pictures are fine. I don't have a card reader though so can't try the card out of the waterproof camera that is giving the "MEMORY CARD ERROR" message. Too tired to drive so will try and get a card reader at Argos tomorrow and give it a shot.

4. andym

andym Rockling

How did you get on with it Foo can you get the pictures to upload with a card reader?

5. foo

sorry about delay, back in Africa. The company I bought the memory card from requested the card back to see if they could do anything so I didn't even attempt to open the card in a reader. They are saying if they cannot open the card they will send it to Fujifilm,the manufacturer, for assistance but did seem pretty hopeful when they phoned me, she actually seemed genuinely upset and agreed photos were irreplaceable. Hopefully a happy conclusion will be found but just waiting to hear from them now. I will keep you updated on progress and in the meantime I will try and put some pics on I took after the card locked.I took a few just to the camera memory, not very good quality as I put it on lowest setting to try and get as many as possible.

6. andym

andym Rockling

I managed to wipe some pics from my computer and after doing some research I found you could sometimes recover photos from a memory card even if they have been deleted and re written over so I bought the software and sure enough recovered about 90% of the pics I wanted from a seamingly blank memory card so I'm sure Fuji will be able to help

could you view the images on the camera?

7. foo

No mate it just came up message "MEMORY CARD ERROR" It also said the same thing when I inserted the memory card from the camera I submerged in the sea but when I put that particular memory card in an old panasonic I have all the pictures were there ok, my new panasonic TZ20 however is a write off but also in correspondence with the insurance on that issue. Just to make matters worse I have just discovered a built in card reader on my laptop, duurrrrghhhh how thick am I ? Hopefully the experts will come up with a solution.

8. foo

Here's a few pics for now. I am not good at photography to start with and this was my first underwater attempt so be gentle please.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not the best shots in the world but a fantastic experince.

9. andym

andym Rockling

BRILLIANT

10. foo

Thanks Andy, there's around 1000 on the memory card to sort hopefully. lots of rubbish but some belters

11. andym

andym Rockling

I'm hoping to try a bit of snorkelling when out on the kayak but doubt Redcar and Saltburn look like that sub surface

12. foo

I tell you something Andy mate you will be very suprised an delighted what is beneath the surface on our coastline especially in those long settled spells in early summer when the water is gin clear. Good luck.

13. foo

Looks like there's only me and you interested in snorkelling Andy mate or maybe your the only one decent enough to comment. No wonder a lot of members don't bother posting any more its becoming more and more clannish in here every day !!

14. andym

andym Rockling

I know mate sometimes it feels like a lot of effort for nothing but if you get the photos recovered get em posted up

15. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

photos amazing Foo hope you get the rest sorted, unfortunately my snorkling days over, last time I had one on was in a cage watching great whites off South Africa, you do these daft things on holiday

16. foo

Thanks Hairybeast, this will bring back pleasant memories for you then
    [​IMG]

17. foo

Yeah your right Andy I will mate ;)

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

brilliant photos foo, even on the low setting they look good

19. foo

Thanks mate :embarrass:

20. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

Thanks Hairybeast, this will bring back pleasant memories for you then

more of a tingling down the spine and hair standing on end, even under water, those black unfeeling eyes look right through you, was in cage with son who we where visiting, bloke pointed out to my wife there was two generations in the cage at the same time