1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help !!! My Rotten Bottom Rigs Dont Release.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Glenn Kilpatrick, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thanks glen very much appreceated. Are u lad using short snoods in rough ground

3. Glenn Kilpatrick

I never saw any need to.

4. Glenn Kilpatrick

The one thing I do remember was ray Maddison telling me not to use pulley rigs in heavy ground. But I also knew plenty of anglers who had sucess with that method.

5. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Am thinking of just going for simple loop to attach snood to. Lots if people have said how heavy ground can be on drive. Thanks for the info and advice

6. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I dumped the pulley rigs 1 or 2 seasons ago, adopted the basic rig that Glenn linked to and have had a noticeable improvement in catch rates.

Braid made a difference too, just lifting into the fish rather than waiting to strike.
    When snagged i do me best to jerk it out, but usually end up wrapping the line round a wooden dowel or round the butt end of the rod and pull hard.
    How much line have i lost in the last year... ? Zero... with mono in the past i lost loads.
    Anyway i use the rotter as in the pic, but i found at first it wasn't releasing - this became obvious that the loop on the lead was too small.
    there after it releases fine.

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thanks farday. Been using braid and fixed spool for a while now. I don't get to do much cod /sea fishing but I really like braid. The rod I have is the super wacker and I love it. Have a wooden priest that I use when goin for the pull

• Like Like x 1
  8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thanks for all the help. Now just need the wind tide fish weather to be right. Lol. Lol.

9. faraday

Ok, will catch up with you on sunday.

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hope to be fishing rock fall for around 3pm mate. See u if u can make it. Will have spinning rod so u can show me how to catch pollock. Lol

11. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I may not be big enough caster for drive but will defo give it ago

12. faraday

I aint no big caster like, especially on the pods, lucky to get 90 yds with bait etc