1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. worm drowner

worm drowner Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Fellas I am looking at head lamps mine is old and not very good anymore and I have been looking at this one. Do any of you have one or have had one would be grateful of any comments / advice. Apologies for the link if I shouldn't be putting it up

Mick

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/head-torch-range/led-lenser-h14r-2-rechargeable-focusing-head-torch.html

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got a fenix hp 20 and its class reliable well made and I know it aint gunna just give up on me like most crees do

3. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

I got one off eBay for 18 quid 2000 lumes rechargeable sonofsun its spot on real bright and long beam

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've had 2 and both let me down after 2-3 sessions although I do know that there bright as hell they aint 2000 lm has it got a english charger or is a Chinese one with converter plug ?? After dukeie nearly lit kitchen up im even more wary of em dnt leave it un attended when ya charging

5. GARP

GARP Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cree that take AA batteries cheep from china, bright enough change the batteries every couple of sessions. Paid £37 for a Led lenser a couple of years ago went faulty after 2 weeks use. I never pay more than a rennet and buy a couple at a time normally get a year out of them before the elastic goes Nora Batty then chuck em.

Paul

6. wardish89

wardish89 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-5200Lm-Bike-Bicycle-Light-Headlamp-Headlight-/231081957971?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item35cd8eda53
    thats a link to the one i got very bright headlight

7. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

You get what you pay for so i would recomend the Princeton Tec Apex and buy yourself some uniross 2700 rechargable batteries.
    This combo is very reliable :)

8. worm drowner

thanks lads for your reply's

9. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bought one of these crees from china,under a tenner delv,just to see wot all the fuss is about,got the 2000lmn mod,run it on 3.7v 3600mha blue batts,lasts ages,10 hrs+ no probs.After several good trips in adverse weather,long stints,can't fault it,really can't :)
    Normally I use a petzl ultra,that now is stuck in the cupboard lol,Don't know how long it will last,but 4 the money who cares,i allways carry a spare anyways,just in case.well worth a look. ;)

10. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

been using cree lamps for years ,never had one go wrong on me so all i can say is i like em ,if you dont buy something else but i know plenty who use them and have no problems so like already said ,for the money they are the dogs.
    a tenner will get you one or pay a ton or more from a uk supplier but will probably be made in the far east as well.

11. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cree are ok if you have total trust in them ,i dont, was looking around for a decent light as ide had 2 20 quid chinese cree,s pack up one shortly after the other ,happily i wasnt fishing anywere to tough ,looked around for quite a while then i happend across a lad who was making upgrades out ov the old petz zoom lamps ,still favoured by many im told ,anyway the body ov the lamp which is bomb proof is left alone ,the guts an bulb tottally upgraded with the led having two settings (after some imput),the lower ,which i think is spot on for baiting up an spotting bites ect ,but still enough to move around comftably ,the full setting im told is 308 lumens ,dosnt sound much copared to the cree,s quoted 18oo lumens an more ect ,all i can say is if there right mine must around 1000.000 lol ,whats more ,i get approx 30 hours on low an 10 hours on full with the rechargable battery pack,well thought out tough and durable ,cheaper then the princeton tec lights with better and longer light output an whats more developed an built by forum member mozzer,cheers ian no need for any cash bribes mate only saying what i believe to be true..

12. mick48

mick48 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have the led lenser h14 r worm drowner had it over a year use it for allsorts not just fishing never had any issues with it at all, keeps its charge well on original batteries got a spare set but never had to use them.

13. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Hi mate just got one off torch direct there not good enough for shore fishing not very water tight so sending mine back for the new fenix hp 30 my old fenix is mint so I'd go for that bud

14. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fenix HP25 can't rate mine any higher. You get a wide beam and a spot beam. Batteries last ages on them aswell.

15. cod hunter

cod hunter Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

new led lenser h7,2 brilliant survived snow cold and rain in Norway

16. mike alves

mike alves Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi mate if your wanting a good headlight i would go for a priceton tec if you are wanting to spend that kind of momey you can get them on ebay for about £50 to £60 pounds. lot of the lads are using the cree lights which i must say are very cheap and bright but don't have the build quality of the princeton tec and its a chance weather you get a good one or a bad one neither do they have a 10 year guarantee in the uki recently fell and bust mine on rocks after falling. having it three years sent them an email asking if they did a replacement battery pack they said send it back to them they would fix it under warranty they just sent me a new one so the question is go with a company that will look after your interests

17. worm drowner

Thanks a lot lads for the replies looks like there is a couple of firm favourites there thanks again