1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have People Stopped Posting Catch Reports ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 3, 2010.

1. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

I do hope that the antics of myself, willhever, captain cod eye, boomstick, dan the pollack, smithy and god of all cod and others have been good reports for all to enjoy on a level that you dont have to catch to have a good time but it helps if you do and it helps even more if you avoid a catalogue of injuries. between us we have leaned on those on this site who have years of knowledge to try to get us some fish in what has been agreed has been a really hard season. As a group i am confident in passing on our thanks to those who know more than us and thank them for their efforts to try to get us to have a match with a fishy result instead of an injuries scoreboard to settle matters. Heres to hoping the weather holds to get the boat out for an uptiding session to try to see what a cod looks like.
    Thank you to those who have advised us you know who you are :yes: :yes:

2. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

will have to get a camera glenn and take itwith me if i fish summer match,s or get a yak.. usually pack up end of march and fish freswater through warmer months till festivals start in september. joining filey club to fish there summer match,s if get voted in tomo nite lol. if they let me in..
    pete

3. robq

robq Rockling

good luck with joining the red army Pete :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

4. clifftoprunner1

not in yet mate. mite sneak in to meeting tomo nite

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Dont forget your fake papers.

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Good luck Pete, don't forget a spring or summer match though like the drive one be good to have one in better weather in daylight somewhere.

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Last drive match weather was ok. You turning into a fine weather fisher man. Jellyworm

8. jody

jody New Member

For me I've learned more from speaking to the fishermen where I fish, generally the Humber. It was them who introduced me to the types of tackle, bait, and rigs to be used. Then a chap having a bit of a reccie before he came fishing popped and had a chat to me, then for the next 2 hours took my reels apart, showed me how to set them properly and helped me with getting my reel positioned to suit my casting. Then a brillaint chap was very patient with me and helped me develop my casting further.

I do appreciate what Jellyworm says though. It seems there are those people whom are ignorant to others, will leave their spent line and bait wrapping for someone else to pick up, and no matter how you try and put it across they just don't seem to get it. I think that's some of the British culture now unfortunately. Lazy, ignorant, selfish and disrespectful to others.

A credit to the forum though although there's not many catch reports popping up there are frequently new topics for people to discuss relating to sea fishing and a lot of people involved in them.

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I havent been fishing locally since early january { shame on me } i try to post on other peoples post as often as i can , for me everybody should
    try to make a contribution on the forum as often as they can, everybody likes to feel appreciated and a little well done mate etc never goes
    wrong i m o , as regards secrecy im sure you know my feelings on this subject , i just dont do it , bu :yes:t thats just me , if we all have a thicker book
    on fishing marks that is the way to go , as i have said before those that want to know most very often dont want to give much which i dont understand, i have been dreaming up a few ideas on posts and hope to put them into practice before to long , ive been giving gjw a little hand
    on his latest cracking reports to come

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Absoloutely mate....after fishing at least 3 times a week all winter I m ready to be a fair weather angler for a while.......not long now before those thornies return and the smoothies not far behind them........mind you no doubt I ll be fishing over grass again a lot this spring/summer.........the report will be easy read like this, "Faced the grass, cast a lead with no rig as far as I can at the sky,landed on the grass.....walked to where it landed face dropped with disappointment at how short the cast was !"

11. clifftoprunner1

alright dave..... will have to sort an evening match or two during summer. prob do a cod and pollock only match, don,t want big macky bags if they do show this year. will keep forum informed mate
    pete

12. baza

baza New Member

Apart from a very uneventful match on the river wear I havnt has a session in 2 months! due to work. I still look on here daily and add anything constructive I can

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Sorry lads, i havent posted any catch reports simply because i havent been out fishing, i always try and put a report in when i can.. Hopefully when the summer improves we will see plenty of kayak reports and shore fishing reports..

I think you will always get some folk who always want to take, but never want to give back anything in return and i dont think we can ever change that, but i am glad to say that not everyone is like that..

Tightlines

Gary