1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hasvag Fritid Norway,

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mick Dunn, May 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Been back a while now but looking at forum thought you might want to see my report. We flew out on Tuesday 20th March 2012 from Newcastle to Amsterdam then onto Trondeim in mid Norway. We had organised our own flights. Din Tur had organised accomodation.At Trondeim we picked up the motor. Looks good.
    [​IMG]
    We drove to our accomodation and weather was wet, Raining most of the week. In fact it was so bad we were unable to travel far and fished at a spot called the Old Ferry.
    I liked this spot as i got my first ever doubler.10lb 14 oz on bluey.
    [​IMG]
    Also caught my biggest ever plaice at over 2lb.
    [​IMG]
    Chut (Ian ) and our other Ian also had some nice fish.
    [​IMG]
    Chut caught a lovely Halibut at over 4lb.
    [​IMG]
    All fish we caught were from the shore and all returned except a few we kept for meals.
    We are going back next year with Din Tur.
    Cheers Mick.

2. rupert

rupert Blenny

It did look a bit wet!

I'd have had those flatties in the pan given half a chance. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

3. Mark

Mark Blenny

Good report Mick, some nice fish there given the conditions you had. Just out of interest how much were your flights.
    cheers

Mark.

4. lucy may

lucy may Blenny

good stuff its certainly the place to go, 14 weeks an 5 days to my next rip not that i'm counting!!

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Mick, some nice fish there

6. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

shame about the rain but it looks like the fishing made up for that well done to you all.

7. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

I booked the flights almost ten months before we went. (all of us booking individually). Cost me about 250 quid but paid extra 70 odd for rod tube.
    Was allowed 20kilo for tube so put old pipe inside and filled with wieghts.
    The two flight sytem was good. Much better than the drive to Gatwick like we had last year.
    Down side was being searched at Amsterdam. Must looked like a drug smuggler ha ha.
    It was lovely having 1 hr flight from Amsterdam to Newcastle. Jumping in the motor and home in 20 mins.

8. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Took 5kg of frozen bluey in cooler bag in my case - about nine packs and some macky and blacks.
    Next time looking at baits direct to order and deliver-10 kg. We are going to a much more established place next time. Flatanger-
    place known as Zanzibar. We will be going through Ian at Din Tur again. Him and Gary Pye in constant coontact guiding us
    and helping.
    Kinda missed the boats but next year in Feb think the shore will be the best place again.
    Mick.

9. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Heres another couple of fish. Chut our ace angler with an 8lb er.
    [​IMG]
    and the averag stamp of fish caught.
    [​IMG]
    Oh and i know you,ve heard it all before but we honestly lost some big fish. One we suspect was a big Halibut stripped chuts reel until the line snapped.
    He just could do nothing with it. I lost one about 15 lb which went belly up but swam off just as my mate reached for it.
    My line snapped on rocks on the way in.
    Mick.

10. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

ps the flatties did go in the pan.