1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone fished north berwick area

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SAGE, Jul 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

right lads, i need a bit help ... again..

i am off to the north berwick / dunbar area for a weeks holiday... i know nothing about this stretch of coast... :cry:

from coldingham bay to port sefton seems to be missing from my little black book on the account i have never been... :laugh: :laugh:
    but up to st abbs i know a bit and preston pans i know :wink: :wink:

but are there any good marks at dunbar etc.. is there anywhere to get bait, and where can i launch the yak aswell..
    from south of dunbar seems to be rock.. to the north ..belhaven bay seems to be sand then right around north to cockenzie seems to be a mixture of both...
    so if anyone has info i would be gratefull for a bit help..

i have tried the search facility and there is a post by vtech and a bit info from neil ( lindisfarne ) whom i shall p.m.later..

i shall be taking a few frozen crab, and the last of my live peelers hopefully.. trying to hold them back deperately...
    as well as the usual lures, spinners and jellyworms etc.

thanks
    Paul

2. newdave

newdave Guest

Neil (lindisfarne) is from that area, I am sure if you pm him he will put you straight :yes:

3. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Paul,

Just got back from that area, spent 6 days there, only fished 1 day sadly. If you want Bass off the shore try Thorness Power Station about 6 miles south of Dunbar just off the A1. This is the only place I have seen people fishing collectively, there is a warm water outlet at the beach front. Park within the Power station grounds/car park and then it's no more than 200m away.

The locals seem to be using either controller floats with eddystone eels or a light lead ie; 10 gram with the eel about 6 to 8 foot leader. The reason for this is your fishing the actual warm water outflow which is quite strong here and I think the fish are picked up mid water.

You will find people fishing there at most states of the tide along with some that are fishing for profit, selling their catch to the local restaurants. One man I seen catch a couple of decent bass was float fishing possibly with a rubber eel but I'm sure he was putting some sort of bait on his hook although I could not see what it was.

Regarding bait, take your fork and there are some nice lugworm to be had at Yellowgraig Beach which is about 3 miles East of North Berwick signposted off the A198 coast road.

Hope this helps.

All the best Tony

4. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

thanks Tony for that, i had heard about torness and the bass, i might give it a go in the early hours hopefully when the are less people there,
    thanks
    Paul

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

everytime ive drove past torness on the way to arbroath there's been lines of people fishing for bass

6. steph

steph Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

u can also fish the inlet of the power station for pollock and coaly [ just follow the walk way north from hot warter out let]. the dollys along the front of the walk way hold fish but vevy tricky to fish. u get the odd arsehole at the hot water outlet ive had no trouble,just keep myself to my self, some time nets in but out of range at high water (the nets are normaly watched so dont go near). take your wadders