1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hang on " Tope trip with pics (AKA 2 numpty's and a 75lb Tope)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by filey bouy, Jul 19, 2011.

1. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Weather forecast good we decided on a trip to Aldburgh for a tope, Launched at Hornsea. Mackerals were scarce we managed about 8 after trolling round the 2 outfall bouys. We had some left over from the previous night fishing off the brigg for the dubby bag so of we set South.

Got anchored decent ebb running, nothing for first hour and half but rattles on the rod end, no baits left after 20 mins pesky crabs were to blame so we moved off another half a mile or so to another mark.

Kept jigging picking up the odd mackeral while the rods were out, ziggy decided to catch up on his beauty sleep :yes:, as the ebb eased a few better knocks then one of ziggy's rods sprang to life couple of rattles then his lead , bait with tope attached headed for Flamborough and kept going, the wire had pullled from the crimp :embarrass:.
    Twenty mins later same thing occured again :embarrass: we wound up checked all crimps flattening them as much as we could with our delicate hands and pull testing them, baits back down next one took 50 yards and parted the wire above the hook we looked at each other and i remarked we are fishing like a pair of numpties, next one did exactly the same , 4 runs and nothing to show for it home looked like a good bet with no spare crimps aboard, Ziggy raked about in our many tackle boxes and found some 150lb mono new trace made and flood just coming.

Dropped in one dropped run, then lead , and tope made a run for the River Humber after much playing pulling, praying and laughing we managed to boat the tope below 66in long and a girth of 30in around 75lb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So if you think you are having a bad day, persevere never give up even 2 numpties from Filey won in the end :yes: :yes:
    Well done Ziggy biggest tope on "Hang On" so far , cracking day out
    Filey Bouy out

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done lads, cracking fish. How long Is It going to take to beat that pb?? Tight lines lads

3. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

was a brilliant day out. a bit frustrating at time's :angry: :angry:. but well worth the wait and the bit of bad luck we were having. we'll get her mum next time :yes:

4. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

don't know but will have fun trying.......

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

well done, beast of a fish that!

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what was you using to crimp the crimps plastic pliers :laugh: :laugh: stick with what you normally use cracking fish biggest ive seen out of hornsea is it a PB if so congratulations Ziggy well done old girl might reach 85+ when in pup roll on monday might just get out myself keeping my eye on the weather tightlines Alain

7. cps

cps Rockling

looking at xc weather surf board

8. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Dear Dear me tea shackers it sounds like you need a trip into the tope kings garage (cps) and let him show you what you are doing wrong :educated: :laugh:
    Only joking well done big boys :butt:

9. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

it's a new pb for me by about 30lb's.........................

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I bet you will. How big do they get?

11. mww

mww Rockling

was a first for me, sat at my desk at work 80+ miles from the sea, calculating the weight of a tope with what sounded like an expectant father on the end of the phone....

Well done boys, great fish!!

MArt

12. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Ziggy dont send any pictures to sea dangler unt down south will win with a 2LBS gurnard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: are you in the Hall of fame should be not many beat there (PB) by 30LBS so once again contratulation tightlines Alain

13. cps

cps Rockling

o forgot to say but a 66 incher femail is only 50lb on the scotish tope charts , iv been thinking some of the tope we got two weeks ago were biger than mid 30s yours was 74 lb and abit on the gitrh x girth x lenght devided by 800 thing
    wonjder which is closest

14. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

i'm no expert but would say that was more then 50lb.
    will leave it to you to test out the theory i have enough on just trying to hold them never mind trying to get one in a sling to weigh it :scare:

15. newdave

newdave Guest

at least you didn't get it chucked on your lap, sat in a kayak :laugh: well done Jason. see its still raining :yes:

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done guys, a huge fish regardless of which chart you go by.

17. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Couldn't care less whether it was wearing a kilt or had a yorkshire rose tattooed on its butt !!! It was a big un :yes: :yes: :happy: :happy:

18. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's a cracking fish pal whatever it weighs!! Back out Monday weather permitting, well done!! :wink:

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great stuff Ziggy brill Tope that

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Really enjoyable read guys and a brilliant fish Ziggy :cheesy: