1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Tackle HAD A POOR ROD BUILD DONE HES TODAYS CHEW ON

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sadung, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Sadung

If you don’t notice a problem straight away
    It might not be obvious at the time that the work wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

• up to 6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
    • up to 5 years in Scotland
    What to say or write
    You might want to mention the law that deals with your rights in this situation. Choose the relevant law depending on when you gave the trader the go-ahead.

If you agreed the work before 1 October 2015, you can say:

“The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 says that reasonable care and skill must be used while working.

In my opinion, you did not use reasonable care and skill when you carried out this work.

I want you to fix the problem/give me a price reduction.Heres the law you can all winge as much as you like,You can use this if you also have a problem with a purchase .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Rossco99

Rossco99 Whitby Fishing Forum

You were in the right because I offered you some guides ?

You must be looking far too deep into things if you come up with that conclusion.

Signing out now, enjoy repeating yourself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sadung

It might not be obvious at the time that the work wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

What to say or write
    You might want to mention the law that deals with your rights in this situation. Choose the relevant law depending on when you gave the trader the go-ahead.

“The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 says that reasonable care and skill must be used while working.

In my opinion, you did not use reasonable care and skill when you carried out this work.

I want you to fix the problem/give me a price reduction.Heres the law you can all winge as much as you like,You can use this if you also have a problem with a purchase .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hmmm, think this topic might be better closed now, it is'nt going to get any better and I can only see it going one way; one almighty shit fest where no one comes out smelling any better after the brown stuff hits the fan

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

I remember when you had the Zziplex done I complimented you saying the rod was superb,which it was.I enquired how much it had cost you.The reply I got was,"It's my money I'll spend as I want and I drive a Mercedes."Get off your high horse and get a life.Rossco99 I don't know you but hope you have a favourable outcome.This guy appears to have more money than sense.I'll close now.Bye SAD oh!UNG.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

This was my first post,totally agree its time this was put to bed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It is probably a van.
    LOL

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

personally i think hes right to complain in public so now we can all decide whether to use this guy
    it would be a no from me

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  10. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Biggest shame is that actual fishing reports on here don't get nowhere near as much interest!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sadung

i know its exciting isn't it T

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Sadung

I

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Sadung

I

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. Sadung

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Sadung

What to say or write

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Just put it down to experience and move on.
    We're all bored with this now.
    Take your grievance off this forum and deal with it direct if you must - you've said your piece, I kind of get what you're saying, but I don't agree with how you have approached it using this forum as a vehicle to air your dirty washing.

I agree the new legislation that you quote is correct to the most degree and it does back up your claim as a consumer - But the law is an arse!!!

Just get a bloody life and concentrate on the fishing because that is what this site is supposed to be for!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Do you have to SHOUT AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE all the time?!

I think it is pretty obvious you ain't getting any sympathy here, but before you go cutting off your nose to spite your face - by instructing a lawyer at vast expense to tell you the bleedin' obvious - you might want to answer these questions yourself -

1/ I have a boat rod with smaller rings than those, made by Penn. Cannot be bothered to upload pics, but it is a Snapper rod rated to 35lb's (15kg).
    How come?
    2/ why did it take you ten months to see the rings weren't big enough?
    3/ Rosco says he replaced the rings with identical sized ones. Do you have a picture of the rod before it went into have rings replaced to show this to be false?
    4/ did you specify ring size in any correspondence to him?
    5/ did you give him any instructions in writing that it was to be used, say, with a Shimano 18000 sized spool?
    6/ you say the first few rings are of appropriate size, and don't need changing. Well, those are the most important ones!
    Many FS ring patterns start big, then rapidly reduce in size to cut loops and straighten the line to help casting.
    So, why do you insist the last few rings are too small?

If the answer to any of these is 'no', 'I don't know' or 'I cannot remember', then you might as well pay the £50 yourself, because one lawyers letter will be costing you more.
    How much time is it going to take you? How much do you earn per hour? Is it worth your effort?

Sounds to me, and I suspect most other third parties, that you don't really have a case. The rings are on the rod, and the rings are of acceptable standard/type (i.e. not fly rings).

The builder's first response was to be reasonable and decent, and that does not imply guilt on his part, but rather displays reasonable customer care.

You would be best advised to realise you are in the wrong and there is no case to answer, unless you can show otherwise.
    If you cannot show us - fishermen, anglers and rod builders - then you certainly aren't going to convince a judge, I would humbly suggest.

Actually, if anything, I would think that Rosco has a far better case, and is in a better position legally, to sue you for damages and libel.
    You might want to consider that before saying something you might regret?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  19. robq

robq Rockling

Good luck with getting a reply to any of those questions Lippy :)

he still couldn't even answer one simple basic question :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ianc

ianc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

• Funny Funny x 2