1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Tackle HAD A POOR ROD BUILD DONE HES TODAYS CHEW ON

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sadung, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If you don’t notice a problem straight away
    It might not be obvious at the time that the work wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

• up to 6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
    • up to 5 years in Scotland
    What to say or write
    You might want to mention the law that deals with your rights in this situation. Choose the relevant law depending on when you gave the trader the go-ahead.

If you agreed the work before 1 October 2015, you can say:

“The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 says that reasonable care and skill must be used while working.

In my opinion, you did not use reasonable care and skill when you carried out this work.

I want you to fix the problem/give me a price reduction.Heres the law you can all winge as much as you like,You can use this if you also have a problem with a purchase .

[​IMG]
    Are the trading standards going to rebuild it for you like ? smiley face , builder

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'd blank out your address if I were you, you'll get all the nutters off the internet using it for the wrong purposes or the bad lads who rob will know theres fishing gear to be had

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

After 10 months C'mon.Why does this need to be made public?Moderators please! Why is the site being used to slag someone off.Sadung, sorry if this offends.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sadung

I

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very strange ive never known anyone criticise ross before & ive seen a fair few of his rebuilds myself cracking jobs every one if that had happened to me I would have been moaning long before now

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sadung

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Sadung

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

oh dear

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Perhaps that should have been your first course of action.
    Just my opinion but I don't really think a public forum is the place for this kind of thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sadung

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Sadung

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Sadung

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

That's what I said in my first post,not the place to be airing your dirty linen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

This is still not the place to sort out your grievance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sadung

If you don’t notice a problem straight away
    It might not be obvious at the time that the work wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

• up to 6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
    • up to 5 years in Scotland
    What to say or write
    You might want to mention the law that deals with your rights in this situation. Choose the relevant law depending on when you gave the trader the go-ahead.

If you agreed the work before 1 October 2015, you can say:

“The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 says that reasonable care and skill must be used while working.

In my opinion, you did not use reasonable care and skill when you carried out this work.

I want you to fix the problem/give me a price reduction.Heres the law you can all winge as much as you like,You can use this if you also have a problem with a purchase .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Bassplugger

Bassplugger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Seen his work and never know him do a bad job yet but all I will say is the day you received the rod back was the time to complain and the size of those rings won't affect your casting at all fact

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

I remember seeing the picture nice job,but you shouldn't have left it for 10 months without checking the work done this time round.You knew who you were dealing with,you were happy with the Zziplex and rightly so it was a lovely job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bassplugger

Bassplugger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I just had one of Tenryu rods done by Mr fish in Jersey and although he's the biggest tenryu dealer about I still checked the work when I got my rod back and who don't check their nice shiny new rod build as soon as they get it back? Obviously not all of us! Never will a rod be perfect due to dust etc but if the build is wrong it's got to be addressed at the time you get the rod back but so long afterwards just makes the builder scratch his head and think warning in bright red "someone is having my eyes out" even though your build is wrong 10 months is to late for a refund plus the fact that you used the rod says you must have thought the rod was fit for purpose and no court in the land would grant a judgement on this basis it's like asking to take a jacket back or a pair of trainers 10 months later to the shop and asking to swap them they would say 28 days for any type of refund or swap so at 10 months you really couldn't expect anything from the builder because of this and anyone like citizens advice would tell anyone the same. The question is always going to be why so long.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sadung

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

Looks like guides were same size as originals,you can't compare the rings to the ones that Stan put on another rod for you,if you wanted larger rings you should have stated that before the rebuild,the guy has only replaced like for like.Saying that this is still not the place you should be airing your views,it's a fishing forum.We are not ACAS.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1