1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guisborough Angling Club

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Davo, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Davo

Davo Rockling

Would anyone have any information regarding this club, as its a club that i would be interseted in joining ? I have even spoken to the bloke in the angling shop in Guisborough itself but to no avail-even folk from Guisborough that i've spoken to havn't heard of it.

Thanks
    Dave

2. bucko

bucko Guest

Good question mate.
    I'm originally from round that way so I'll do some asking around over the weekend.

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I'd forgotten there was a Guisborough AC, had a quick search on Google with a few mentions on other forums but I can't find any contact details. I remember fishing the small pond they have/had on wilton lane years ago (on a guest ticket), nice little place not much bigger than my garden pond!

Apparently they have a stretch on the Esk above Danby as well. I'd join if anyone can find contact details.

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hiya Sam, i've looked on Google for weeks for G.A.C and like you to no avail. The first time i was aware that they existed was when there was a piece in the Boro gazette about the Tees Barrage and they wanted a fish pass built at Danby Mill. They bought the stretch on the Esk which was owned by Abbey Angling once over. They also have small water fishing on the beck that runs through Skelton Ellers which would be interesting on a three weight.

I popped into Guisborough angling shop and asked the owner, who said his son was in the club, but apart from that he new nothing else-strange. He asked for my phone number and said he would find out and give me a ring, but to date he hasn't rang, or if he has, he didnt leave a message. If you find anything out, will you let me know?

Cheers
    Dave

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cheers for that Ian

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I'll do some researching Davo, as soon as I know something you will :wink:

7. woldedge

woldedge New Member

Just had a ride up to Danby today and have seen the G.A.C, and it looks a very nice piece of water
    I believe this is the first pool on the G.A.C water near Castleton
    [​IMG]

8. bucko

bucko Guest

Looking very nice indeed!

I'm still drawing a blank for a contact though!

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, same here :cry: :cry: still trying though.

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

I'm still trying but been trying since last Novenber and getting nowhere. The water on the Esk used to be Abbey Anglers. Now whether that was a Whitby based club, i dont know. It might be best if we met up one day and walked the water to see if anyone is fishing and who could give us the info we want.

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Good idea Davo :yes:

12. woldedge

woldedge New Member

Not sure whether this is of any use for information, but it does give a couple of names

http://webferret.search.com/click?wf,guisborough+angling+club,,www.gazettelive.co.uk%2Fnorth-east-sport%2Fangling-fishing%2F2007%2F11%2F24%2Fanglers-back-fish-pass-plan-84229-20155707%2F,,aol

13. Davo

Davo Rockling

Thanks for trying to help Kate-appreciated. However, thats how i found out that the club existed-in my local paper in the first place.

14. Pike catcher

Pike catcher New Member

I am a member of said club. PM or email me if you want more details on joining.

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Pike Catcher, welcome to our forum mate :wink: :happy:. Is it possible you could get some information about your club, history, ethos, where you fish and when. and post it for us ?

16. woldedge

woldedge New Member

Has the Pike Catcher let on on how to join the G.A.C yet, if so can we all get to know?

17. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I am writing this letter asking why the person called Woldedge is being ignored.Has this got anything to do with me <lochbois>.I am new to the internet and i feel as though it is because i made a mistake in my comments earleir where i appoligised that this person is being ignored.If this is why Woldedge is being ignored i dont want their views ignored . Please let their viws be heard as i am sure they have been in the past .I believe every person has a right to say how they fell on any subject .<P.Boiston-lochbois>

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Not sure what your talking about lochbois. No one is ignoring woldedge as far as I know ?

Hi Kate,

No he hasnt spilled the beans as yet but this is information we would like to see on the site for all to read.

19. lochbois

lochbois Guest

To Baramundi bob. I mentioned the tees barrage on the ea licence site and i felt i had made a mistake.I have said i dont fully understand these forums .i dont understand what it means when it says ,<this user is currently ignored> from<lochbois>

20. bucko

bucko Guest

It probably means you've accidentally clicked the ignore button to the left of one of their posts.
    Clicking it again should remove that message (I think)