1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guess the river and the place(Easy this one)

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bulltrout, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah seatrout and the salmon fishing books hugh wrote are 2 of my best books . I really enjoyed watching salmo the leaper after reading them , it sort of made the book come to life in a sort of weired way .
    I bet that water wasnt cheap to join was it teesdale ? altho i bet the stocks are no were near what they were in them days are they ?
    Ian i think one of the reasons the wear fishes so well on the fly at night is due to the clarity . obviously i think the amount helps to but certainly think the clairty defo helps . the yorks esk for me is abit of a funny colour , altho i know plenty do well on the fly . just not me .

2. bucko

bucko New Member

North of Esk, South of Tweed...

3. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bucko you've got me stumped here mate , :confused: give us a clue :happy:

4. bulltrout

heres a snowy one for ya

[​IMG]

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Shares its name with rivers in Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Cumbria.

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Looks like Egton Bridge

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

River Dove?

8. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

9. bucko

bucko New Member

I'll let you have this one lads- Its the Derwent (Tyne trib) at Lintzford Bridge.
    I'm lucky enough to have two friends who live in the converted mill there and intend on taking them up on the offer of some grayling fishing this Winter.

10. Teesdale

Teesdale Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

(QUOTE) I bet that water wasnt cheap to join was it teesdale ? altho i bet the stocks are no were near what they were in them days are they ?(QUOTE)

Cheep as chips mate at £90 a year, the club has water on most of the West Coast rivers from the Border of Scotland down to the bottom of South Wales.
    Your right about the stocks of fish, like most rivers, the Cumbrian Esk has suffered a decline in stocks.

11. bulltrout

correct mate nice one

12. bulltrout

here we go again, where's this ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Teesdale

Teesdale Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bulltrout, i'd guess at river Tay, ain't got a clue about which beat though.

14. bulltrout

15. bulltrout

some fish pass this one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. bucko

bucko New Member

I called there for 'lunch' last August on our way to Elgin- never have I seen so many salmon.
    Hundreds upon hundreds of nice clean grilse with a sprinkling of more coloured 'clonkers' in there too.
    We were watching pike in the margins of Loch Faskally from the other side of the dam too.

17. bulltrout

did you watch them through the veiwing window underneath the pass? crackin place lovely river , and what a fish pass something like that would do for the tees

18. bucko

bucko New Member

In the viewing window, from the dam, in the pass itself...- it was lifting with them.

19. bulltrout

:confused: give us a clue mate

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

River rede .