1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guess the river and the place(Easy this one)

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bulltrout, Nov 3, 2011.

1. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

heaven :laugh:

2. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not far off mate Iwas stood on the old bridge when i took this i did zoom a liitle bit but it is the Lurg Pool mate absolutely class pool mate

3. bulltrout

the wear

4. bucko

bucko New Member

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Actually is it the wear downstream from keepier farm .
    Bucko is that some were in wales

6. bucko

bucko New Member

No mate - I've finally finished damming the beck at Charltons. Looks alright doesn't it!

Seriously, it is in Wales. I've not fished that stretch but have fished a few miles upstream for the outrageous fee of £15!

7. bulltrout

if its in wales mate I'll have a stab in the dark and say river dovey mate think ive been over that bridge

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Spot on- Dyfi Bridge

9. Teesdale

Teesdale Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bucko, Bulltrout and Dav it is the Wear and it is down stream from Kieper farm, the pool as far as i know is called ban the bomb pool.

10. bulltrout

thats FFF water then mate

11. Teesdale

As far as i know the left bank is FFF water, the right bank is the Kieper farm water which was leased to a syndicate (Durham Rangers) as far as i know, don't know if they still lease it.

12. bulltrout

Where is this then lads, I know its not of a river but its a place some anglers will know well

[​IMG]

13. Teesdale

Hallowed ground there Bulltrout, home of the messiah, i wont say who's house will let someone else have ago.

14. bucko

bucko New Member

'Hugh' are thinking its the same place as me then.

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

He actually replied to a letter an old mate of mine who wrote to him regarding sea trout fishing. Although, he was kind enough to reply, he stated that he had no idea about North East rivers sea trouting, hence, any advice would be limited.

16. bucko

bucko New Member

17. bulltrout

thats correct lads Cragg cottage home of one of the pioneers of seatrout fishing and author of the best seatrout and salmon fishing books ever written, Hugh Falkus, legend

18. bucko

bucko New Member

I stayed in Boot a few years ago and had a scout of Cumbrian Esk- its as clear as gin compared to our Esk which is more like light ale most of the time!

19. Teesdale

I like Bulltrout have the pleasure of being a member of a club who has access to the beat that Hugh Faulkus fished, it is a truly stunning river and a privelage to fish, never managed to get up there this year which was ,my only dissapiontment for the season.

20. Teesdale

I can't figure the place in your picture Bucko, but feel i know it, Giz a clue.