1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Grove Lights !

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mike, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Mike

Mike Blenny

Hi Guys, just to let you all know they are now installing Lamp Posts along the path towards the jetty, Not sure if they are gunna put then on the jetty though.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi mike. Is that skinning grove jetty. Never been. Is it far from Whitby. Always looking for new spots to try. Is it a safe venue

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes its skinningrove
    It's usually quite safe ..ish depends on the weather the waves can sometimes come over the top but it's blowing a hooly if that is happening
    I've had some good nights on there before it got "improved" If you want a quite evening fishing for flatties it's a good spot. A lot of cod do get caught off there as well
    It is safer than it it used to be and parking is not far away as long as the local toerags don't take a fancy and let your tyres down ( I don't think this happens very often)

you might even catch an "Oarfish" :)

thanks for the update Mike ... are the plastic handrails still attached?

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Do u fancy a trip peter

5. Mike

Mike Blenny

Yep.. plastic handrails are still ok.

6. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hopefully when I get rid of this infection or in December when you come up....?, over? across? :)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Mike

Mike Blenny

Light are all along the Jetty wall now, sorry I don't know if they are on yet.

[​IMG][​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mike

Mike Blenny

The Jetty now has the Lights on guys:

[​IMG]

9. basha

basha Blenny

went down last wk for a butchers,looks spot on.
    thoughs blocks are a godsend but a pain in the arse.

grt pic by the way

10. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Blackpool ha ha who would have thought we would ever get lights on the jetty?