1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greys Appollo SMock

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Bought a Greys waterproof smock from keiths at an excellent price. Wore it last night and it catches fish. Well impressed. If it lasts 3 months and a day it will be a day longer than the zips in the Titan Jackets. So pleased somebody has finally brought out something worth having for a reasonable price.

[​IMG]

2. macky

macky New Member

Ow much glenn?

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Theres a load of pple wearing them now , abit like the fiesta of the fishing world ;D....i got me self another titan smock , a few months ago before theres none left as i think they are a nice lite warm jobbie .and they are no longer made .....You never know glen it may bring you abit of luck in the coming months..... ;D

4. Baramundi Bob

40 quid chris. I get the feeling it is a lucky smock. I knew when I fell down th ladder at Hawsker that the titan gear was unlucky.

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

;D ;D

6. cps

cps Rockling

hope it has better water repeling qualitys than there waders ;D

7. macky

macky New Member

Thats cheap, where from , do he do mail ordeR?

8. Baramundi Bob

Unfortunately not Chris. Got it from Keith sports in Saltburn

9. macky

macky New Member

ok cheers

10. robq

robq Rockling

I like the look of those greys smocks + my titan i now leaking like a seive along most of the seams :'( :'(. Is it breathable BB ?

11. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Judging by last season's match results and that 14+ cod, it ain't been that unlucky Bob ??? ;D?

I have the Titan Jacket and salopettes myself and as Rob says they can leak like a sieve, especially after a turn in the washer ;D. Like most proofed nylon a good dosing with Fabsil will sort 'em out though. Reasonably happy with mine, but the jacket is too short imho, much prefer a 3/4 length jacket with thigh waders, although not a problem for those who favour 'Geordie Jim Jams' ;D. No probs with the zips either and Fabsil helps smooth them up too.

I had to go direct to Titan to get mine in my preferred 'Tench Green' colour though, as I wanted them for coarse fishing too, when I am a bit of a 'secret squirel' ;). Never liked bright colours; back in the 70's when orange PVC smock type tops were popular down here, we used to refer to their 'models' as 'Jaffa Blokes' (as in - 'look that spawny Jaffa's just had a dirty great cod!) ;D ;D ;D. Never understood this trend for having your name on the back of your top either. I believe the correct greeting for such 'poseurs' is - 'why you got your name on your jacket m8, is it in case you forget who you are while out? ;D Tend to take the labels of alot of gear too, as I don't like endorsing products 'buck she' ;D!

A few years back, I fished next to an army lad at Holmpton, who had an army surplus jacket near identical to my Titan, that I think he only paid £20 for. I shall investigate this for my next purchase, but hopefully this won't be for a while yet. You can get some top cheap gear 'army surplus', often unworn these days. Proper 'gortex' dutch army camo trousers were only about £20 a couple of years back, I suspect 'Berghaus' equivalents would be more than a 'oner' ???.

Was it 'Keith's' in Hornsea you got your smock from Bob ???? Top bloke, who has always supported the shore angler, although I believe he does a lot of coarse fishing now. Good angler, pretty nifty with the old pendulum (will provide coaching for a fee I believe) and top notch rod builder, though not the cheapest around. Just don't be tempted to try waggling his rods in the shop though ;D ;D ;D!

Cheers, T