1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Fishing Last Few Trips On Mistress - Thornbacks, Wrasse & Cod, Cod, Cod

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

The last few days have produced some great fishing for the anglers onboard Mistress.

Wednesday saw us going on a bit of reece prior to the uptide festival in search of some untapped spots, we found some nice fish but not in the numbers hoped for,

I got the best one on a chunk of cart just shy of double figures
    [​IMG]

Dave Blake followed suit with a nice one on Lug & Squid
    [​IMG]

so we ventured off to a nearby hotspot of mine that has thrown some great fishing out for us this year, we werent disappointed when we got there, as soon as we dropped there were multiple hook ups, and this continued through most of the day, the two best rods managed 17 or 18 cod to keep each, and threw as many back, everybody managed a good bag of cod each.

Yuri managed a few double/treble shots of codlings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------
    Thursday was a bit more relaxed with a family charter for the day, all novices, never been before!

it was a bit breezy first thing, but it didnt dampen the fishing, we had fish onboard within minutes of stopping, the fishing proved to be steady away all day long where ever we stopped, we took a good mixed bag for the family members, Rich, Henry and Will,

Henry over the moon with a nice codling
    [​IMG]

This little fellow paid me a visit!
    [​IMG]

A double shot of codlings on a pennel for Rich
    [​IMG]

As is usual this time of year plenty of cod, but we also saw, poutings, Lings, Coalies, Pollock, Ballan Wrasse, and much to our surprise a nice thornback ray for Rich. we thought it was a big a fish the way it was fighting!

Rich with his Thornback a shade over 4lb
    [​IMG]

The boys at the end of the day with a few of their fish
    [​IMG]

needless to say they all had a great day and vowed to return!

The signs are there for some great fishing this next few weeks through the uptiding festival.

I look forward to seeing you all,

Tight Lines

Rich

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Re: Great Fishing Last Few Trips On Miistress - Thornbacks, Wrasse & Cod, Cod, Cod

Some bonny fish there rich. Is the cart starting to catch now then mate. This weather is strange meant to be the warmest October day today since records began.

3. Graydone

Graydone Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Great Fishing Last Few Trips On Miistress - Thornbacks, Wrasse & Cod, Cod, Cod

Easy to understand Explain the obvious.

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Photos added! it varies from spot to spot with the cart Simon. the swell we had today has coloured it up inside nicely on the tidal shots