1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great end to a perfect week

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Sep 19, 2009.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

After a cracking week in Skye, I got a call from Ziggy as i was heading down the m74, offering a trip on his Warrior to get a Tope. As i have had 5 blanks on the Kayak trying to get one of those i was delighted to accept, and was out at 6 this morning & we headed to the south in convoy with CPS & his gallant crew, once again it was hard work with the HMS teaser bagging four as we looked on fishless from about 200yds away. but just at the point that i was sure it was never going to happen my rod started twitching furiously then the line was tearing off at a rate of knots. crossed my fingers, took a deep breath and let the clutch in and leaned back yippee it was on, I have tried for a while but still was not quite prepared for what followed, after a couple of runs it finally came reluctantly to the side of the boat, looking bigger than i had expected :surprise:. we had a quick chat about what to do next & i reached down and grabbed the dorsal fin, obviously it was not ready to be lifted aboard yet & it evaded my grip & headed back to the bottom, just managed to get hold of the rod again before it went with it :whistle:. a bit more fun & finally we got it inboard & wrestled with it for jason to take the photo. might have been easier if we had not both been so keen to look after the end that has no teeth :yes:
    also Glad it wasn't videoed as it was a bit like an episode of fawlty towers :laugh:

forgot my camera but Jason will be putting the photos on later, but it measured just a smidge short of 6ft so some where around 60lb.

the irony was that all the previous trips in the Kayak have been in iffy weather, today it was perfect, no wind or sea. Whilst i still want one from the kayak, I was sort of glad that i did not get that particular fish, it was still very pissed of when i put it back :yes:

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done mate, know how much you have been wanting that fish. :happy:

Looking forward to the pics

Ken

3. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was a brilliant day great company and weather to boot shame i never got one but there's a big one down there with my name on it. thank's again to cps and mart for letting us tag along and helping us lauch and recover boat. get me a price for one of them winche's i need a toy like that. going to bed now am worn out and up early in morning going for another play with them coddie's

4. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Well done Dave, that looks like a nice fish, all be it a very angry one.... :laugh:

What a week you've had.............

Neil.

5. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Most people land them then let them go back, not have a dance with them mate. :laugh: :laugh:

Cracking catch. I bet you're still smiling now. Nice one!

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Great result Dave, you've been working hard for that Tope so it's nice to see you rewarded with such a good fish. Nice look on your race whilst wrestling the Tope :scare: :laugh:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Great report :yes: glad you finaly got your tope onboard,

but it looks like you won the wrestling match with two falls :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it is funny to see the expresions on peoples faces trying to get to grips with a mouth full of gnashing teeth, that was a perfect end to your week , well done to all :cool:

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great stuff very well done to all involved great pics as well.

9. mww

mww Rockling

As I said when we got back in, well done Dave!!

By way of comparison, I calculated it took me around a 100 rod-hours (number of my rods in the water x hours fished) to catch my first, so guess you're well inside that!!

Just need Ziggy to get one now....!!

Mart

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great stuff Dave,i would have loved to come but just had too much on with the boat,great picture of you wrestling the fish :cheesy: :cheesy: tight lines

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done dave :happy: great fish

12. derm

derm Blenny

Well done, thats what I call a big fish !

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done dave, what a week you have had