1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grayling - "The Lady of the stream"

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Davo, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Seen that one a few times now Bucko, good episode apart from his laughing :wink:

2. rupert

rupert Blenny

Have you got a centre pin sorted yet Sam?

What are you / have you gone for?

3. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Iwas surprissed to see that nobody had weighed a Grayling in for the Grayling fish of the Year from the Tees or the Wear at the 2010 general meeting.
    The only trophys won were for Salmon, no sea-trout were weighed in.
    Shows that it isnt always the biggest that gets the Cup.

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Not yet Rupert, will have to wait and see what Santa brings :wink: :embarrass: either way I will have one by the early Jan.

Noticed they put the price up on the Zen by £5 for some reason, if I don't get a Zen Master I may splash out a little more and go for one of those Ikonic centrepins.

Will be buying a ticket for York AC as well, looking forward to some Grayling fishing and some quivertip fishing for Barbel/Chub. Hope to be out on the lake for some Pike fishing soon, possibly during the xmas period/early Jan.

5. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

6. rupert

rupert Blenny

Bring your ice axe or auger - you'll need it!

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I'm sure it'll be nicely defrosted by then Rupert with many a 30lb+ Pike looking for a scabby piece of Mackerel :wink: :pray:

Will do bud :yes:

8. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have a look in this weeks Angling Times, those pins I mentioned earlier are for sale at £30 brand new

9. rupert

rupert Blenny

10. bibo

bibo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i have had one of the dragon carp center pins i think its a good one to start with especially for the price.

11. rupert

rupert Blenny

Anyone been out with their new 'pins' yet?

I've found the grayling dead fickle of late. Fished the River Severn (w/e before last) on the York book - blank!

Fished the River Rye last Sunday. It was Ryedale Anglers annual grayling day - I went as a guest. Again a blank for me and the other two rods fishing the same beat with me.

I see why they are called the Lady of the stream. Like the fairer sex, they are very fickle at times. One sniff of cold snow melt water and they're immediately on a diet.

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Hope to get out with the pin this Saturday Rupert on the Nidd, not sure if it'll be in good enough condition though with all this rain. Was in flood a day ago but it has been dropping, if the river looks ok I'll be out.