1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good day at Dale view

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bobthedog, Jul 5, 2014.

1. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Was a little tired of doing the usual carp lake fishing so I thought I'd give Dale View on the Stokesley / Chop Gate road a go. It's only my second visit and must say I quite like the location. It proved to be quite a sheltered spot against the blustery wind we had on Friday as well as being a sun trap when it appeared from behind the clouds.
    I opted for float fishing hard on the bottom for starters hoping to find the Tench. Things started slowly with only small roach putting in an appearance which were frustratingly difficult to hit. After about an hour of feeding I managed a small crucian of about half a pound followed a few minuets later by an Ide. As I continued to feed The Ide started showing in numbers just below the surface mopping up every thing I was throwing in.
    A quick change of tactics to the pole fished shallow started to produce the goods. Nearly every cast resulted in a fish until I packed up about 3ish due to the rain and running out of bait. Best fish of the day was an Ide that would be close to three and a half pounds but the real shock was when I went to empty the keepnet, it took two of us to lift it we conservatively estimated the weight between 60 & 80lb.
    Despite the good soaking in the last hour it certainly was one of the best days fishing I've had in a while. Sorry there's no photos but that was due to the rain.

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done Bob, did you get any tench at all?

3. nunthorpe mag

nunthorpe mag Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great spot Dale View I go quite often and always get a good bag of mixed fish
    Off there on Monday as it happens

4. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

With all the Ide coming thick and fast never got a bait on the bottom to see if they were there.

5. Sommruedee

Sommruedee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Oh, I get it your very best. Enjoy the read more