1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good article on marine drive scarborough

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by michael76, Dec 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

2. mop the hoople

mop the hoople Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi
    good topic for area,any info for sea life area up to cloughton? ive walked the coast back up to RHB, familiar with Hebon wyke area up to RHB,but not on Jacksons Bay ? Fishermans/smugglers grave yard ? on way to cloughton.any info from scarborough lads ?

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Mart wilding is the one to ask about Cloughton.

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Sailors Grave is the very far north end of jacko's or the furthest south from Burniston.A good spot on it's day,i had my PB cod from there but it can easy get weeded out.

5. wakefield lad

wakefield lad Only happy when im away from wakefield fishing

Good info and read for those of us who havent fished the drive since sea defence put in place :wink:

6. Fishygone

Fishygone New Member

Hi all
    picture 4 in the Marine Drive link. can anyone tell me the name of the bait clip being used and where to buy them.

thanks
    john.

7. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I seem to remember that they were a John Roberts clip, may be wrong though, not seen one for ages , I think they have been discontinued.. I did try them out, the design feature was that the clip body had a toothed design so you could put them onto a rig body anywhere, by threading the line in and out of the teeth. I remember that the design put a lot of strain on the line and in fact seemed to weaken it significantly, so I gave up on them quickly.
    Good feature on the Drive though.
    Roger

8. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

the bait clips were called luminous or somat like that ,they dont make them any more.paul bought as many as he could when they stoped making them.
    shame they stop making them as they are the best bait clip ive used :sad:

9. Fishygone

Fishygone New Member

They do look a canny clip like, but if they dont make them any more just have to stick with the Imp 2s.

john.