1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldsborough Revisited

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

With Mike busy with Dinosaurs and the gruesome twosome on girlfriend duty it was a sesssion on my own down Goldsborough this evening. Myself and Mike had been there last night for only a couple of fish, but something told me to go back.

What I noted last night was that there was only 2 casts where I got my rigs back, and on those 2 casts I caught fish. On some of the other casts I had bites but ended up fast solid and loosing lots of line. Having thought about things today I came to the conclusion there had been more fish there than we thought and it was the probably a mix of wind and tide produced lots of snags.

Tonight was a different story. I fished the last 2 hours of ebb and first hour of the flood tide. The tide Ebbed further, the wind was less evident, I never lost a trace, and the fish came out to play. First cast I had one hell of a bite that never came back. When I wound in I had a half chewed rockling on the hook which had obviously been in a big fishes mouth.

From then on it was a cod a cast, with the exception of 2 casts, one of which I never fastened my snap swivel shut and when I wound in the snood had come off. But on the very next cast I caught my biggest fish of the night on stinking cart, and would you believe it, the stupid thing had my lost snood in its mouth with the hook right in its stomach.

My total for the night was 8 with the biggest going 7lb 8 ounces. It was a bit scary down there on my own as your always frightened you fall and get stuck down there. But life's to short to worry too much about these things, lifes for fishing after all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

again well done son, i know what you mean about scary down there on your own, ive spent many a night down there on me todd, sometimes its the noises you can here that sh i t you up, but that place is a massive rock fall danger nowadays, and then theres the big black cat that some have seen mooching around there.

but the worst danger is when some clumsy numpty angler, empties his full spool of line off his reel all the way back up the cliff, leaving a life threatning, tripping hazzard for the next angler down there (me), to do a full 360 a r s e over tit roll :yes: , and survive it. now i wonder who left such a hazzard :suspious: :suspious:

3. Baramundi Bob

You should be more careful and look where your going. :tease: :laugh: :laugh:

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i was on about goldy to the silver fox tonight on hoe it dont fish like it did, and on a night like tonight that would have been the place i would head for, looks like i'll have to get my goldy head on again, it allways treats me well does goldsbrogh :yes:

5. fisherman

fisherman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

can you fish it on a big sea

6. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one glenn, hopefully catch up this weekend with a spot of fishing.

7. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a braver man than what i am glen well done

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent result there Glenn, you really do know when to fish certain marks to get the best out of your fishing. Just hope in time I can do the same, made bad decision after bad decision throughout last week! :sad: Anyway, well done bud.

9. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking sesh there glenn well done not got out yet myself hope there's some fish left when i finish all the jobs in the house :sad:.

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Glenn, great report and pics.................

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Nice one Glenn. I could never understand why you can fish a spot sometimes on a slack tide and lose every rig, then go back when the tide is screaming through and hardly lose any! Thats a fine 7.5lber too.
    Lobbers made a good point though, it,s not the black panther or pad pad you should be worried about :whistle: If I went down there and you were there I would be crapping it :laugh: I like the way you fired a warning shot across the bows of any would be tresspassers by including the murderous flask in your fish pic :surprise: :surprise: :wounded: :death:

12. Woodys Dad

Woodys Dad New Member

Great fishing there mate , well done . Nice to see the 7.5 lber come out .

13. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great bag Glenn well done

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done glenn. one day i may have a bag like that :yes:

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

great stuff Glenn, top fishing mate :yes:

16. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice 1 glen well done on the fish m8

17. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well in Glenn, worth the effort!

18. crabpot

crabpot Blenny

hiya glen,
    Are you sure you are not getting these fish from a fishmonger, only joking :laugh: that's what you can achieve with local knowledge and HARD WORK, great report and pictures as always

19. Baramundi Bob

Yeh its certainly the case Ray, what its all about I dont know. Seem to get a lot of pull in the mouth of the hole at Goldsborough when you fish off the corner. You either catch fish or loose all your gear.

20. deecee

deecee Blenny

Great fishing Glenn. Well done