1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Dawlish (Devon) any info ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by the artist, Jul 25, 2013.

1. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Now boys and girls off to Dawlish at the weekend with the kids for a week , been looking through the fishing pages and there is not much to go on .
    we hopefully will be targeting some Bass and mackkys for the kids was just wondering if anyone has fished it before Dawlish warren etc . will be going to all the touristy places like Teignmouth ,Torquay , Brixham.
    cheers.... hopefully put a report up like the Whitby Bass club in Skye....
    jim

2. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Go to the mouth of the estuary at Teignmouth, there if you look at the car park at the end of the promenade you will see little huts. One of them facing the inside of the harbour sells live sandeel you get at least 50 I would say for a fiver (that's what it was year before last) if you have an aerating pump/bucket that might help keep them alive.

You can then fish the inside of the harbour in among the boats or the estuary mouth free lining the sandeel, you will get both bass and mackrel that way. Be careful of the tidal pull both on the flood and the ebb in the mouth of the river. You can fish from the car park (safe for the kids) for the mackrel using float or spinner but the buzz is far better free lining.

Hope this helps :wink:

Tony

3. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Thanks Tony
    Nice one will let you know how we get on !

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Check out the trout in the stream that runs through Dawlish and into the sea, they are giants lol, I think they may be protected but how was I to know if I wasn't told :whistle: :whistle: