1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going behind closed doors.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. trickie999

trickie999 New Member

you'll always be safe lobbers lol lol :)

2. alanmcc64

alanmcc64 New Member

For anyone interested in how the fishing is going on my side of the Irish sea check out the link below. Lots of info for anyone planning a trip over and the lads are helpful in giving information freely to genuine anglers.

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/index.php

3. grolsch

grolsch New Member

Hi all
    Im another one became a member and never posted anything because just trying to get back into it after not doing any fishing since my teens,well over 20 years ago :laugh: anyway go on this site most nights and pick thro all the interesting points you people talk about and try and put them into practice :yes: and bingo my last trip i managed 2 codling then a whiting and 3 flaties so something must be working,still plenty of room for inprovement and without this site it wouldnt be possible so keep up the good work and ill start and post after each trip cos got the bug again and doing around 250 miles round trip twice a week just to dangle a line and freeze my nuts off :laugh:might by a yak for summer that sounds like fun 2,my bro who goes with me says im crackers but hes the one that got married :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

andy

4. Jimlaith2002

Jimlaith2002 New Member

I have been angler for over 50 years now but due to ill health I can no longer pursue what has been the main thing in my life but I do like to see what is going on on the sea angling circuit unfortuanatly I dont have anything to offer other than my experience and as time goes by that seems to be invaluable now so please allow me to carry on reading the posts I really enjoy them.

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Jim, welcome to the site mate. please keep posting, its people like you with all that experience that really help the beginners like me

6. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

a think this is a good idea glen its like life ya carnt take take take all ya life ya have t give summet back ie posting on the forum letting the forum members no ya experiences etc ,ive been a member now a year and half and im addicted t the site ive learnt everything from this forum and a count my sell very lucky were a live slap bang in the middle of the excellent fishing grounds on the whitby coast !! a like t contribute every day if a can taking photos ov the fishing venues ,the sea conditions and my experience of the nites fishing letting those who dont live so close to the sea no the sea conditions , this site as av said before is very addicted as im sure ya all aware the wife giving ya ear ache "how long ya gonna spend on that computer " also ive meet while fishing some really nice people which are members of the site which share advice and have a good natter about fishing, so am off now t go fishing while theres abit ov sea on and al take the camera with me and hopefully take some pics of a cod or 2 keep up the good work glen cheers

7. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

flippin brilliant this, i,ve chuckled all the way through. these forums i beleive are for sharing not just taking the latest reports and marks so you have a better chance of bagging a fish.

it would be a shame for genuine people such as jimlaith to loose out though.

could there be anyway someone could pleed there case once this goes through?

8. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I didn't know there were so many members of the forum.

9. Stan the Man

Stan the Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi everyone

I am another one that has been lurking, reading the posts for quite a while now and really enjoy the site. I hope this gets me included before the doors are closed. My credit has been crunched, and now on short time so have not been yet this winter where I mainly fish Holderness. Had a good season last year, took my first Yorkshire bass and pb cod 12LB. Will try and contribute now I have been given the push to join. The highlight of looking in on this forum must be 'BassyKens' tope, fantastic pictures, great effort and well deserved. Congratulations!

Phil

10. kipper

kipper New Member

how will it work glen, how will we access it?

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

it will be no different kipper, you have 3 posts so will still have access as normal

12. kipper

kipper New Member

thank goodness for that matty

13. sean68

sean68 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just like to say hello to everyone, yet another new member who has been lurking for about 18 months but had to sign up or miss out
    will post more later .........thanks sean

14. fatlad

fatlad New Member

Hi All, I've enjoyed 'spying' for a couple of months so thought I'd better post to stay in the loop, starting to get back into sea fishing after not fishing for years (kids etc), also developing an urge to try kayak fishing, hoping to give it a go in the spring, just wish I lived nearer to the coast

15. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Shadrap has asked me to post this link as he's working nights:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Oii5fJj-Q

wildcard

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

17. ParkaPete

ParkaPete New Member

It is a fantastic site, just be careful when cutting off all the newbies (me included) that you leave the safety stuff on there. Important that stuff ....Filey Brigg ...fishermans ladders ...me on my own....no idea about the tide??? Have to say not your responsibility but a big red warning page of safety is good!!!... Brill site Bud..top Bollo#ks it is. x

18. woody

woody New Member

lol lol

19. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Well,well,well looks like the trap door is still open for you outsiders maybe a bit of Phil Collins singing One more night is called for,I'm sure there'll be a clip somewhere on youtube. . . . .Ooops nearly forgot thanks Wildcard

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ok I've been a bit naughty :surprise: :cheesy: :cheesy:. Ill be as honest as I dare and tell you it was a bit of a joke. As you can see the sites still here and visible and thats how it will stay. There are various advertisers on the site who wouldnt be too happy if I cut down their exposure levels and I know a lot of people like to read but dont really want to posts and thats fine really, its what the internet is about and not everyone will want to join and post on forums.

Over past year or so myslef and a few of the others noticed the amount of members who didnt post and guests who never registered was creaping up. Whilst ackowledging peoples right to stay annonymous We discussed various ways to get more people to contribute. One of my pet hates is those readers who you know slag you off for running the site, yet seem to know every word written on it.

I tried to get more people to contribute by asking them to in various posts. A lot of our attempts just didnt have the desired effect so I thought Id try this one. Looking back it was a bit naughty of me but I note quite a few people have come out the woodwork. There was some quite interesting posts and I must say every new member or first poster has had something valuable to say and therefore should say more in the future.

Ok the jokes up, the sites here to stay :cheesy: