1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

go fishing website

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by woody, Jan 12, 2008.

1. woody

woody New Member

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers for that Woody, the 6lb Perch on there is superb :yes: Hopefully I'll pick up a Perch like that this week whilst I'm ultralite fishing for Perch :yes:

3. woody

woody New Member

was at the oaks today at thirsk tom the owner had one on a small mepps style spinner out one of the carp lakes it went well over 3lb he also had a carp it took the lure properly too :surprise:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

looks like the next new big carp bait will be an 8" Jerkbait then :yes: Didn't realise there was Perch at the oaks, last time I fished the oaks at sessay was back when he only had one lake :yes:

5. woody

woody New Member

yes the specimen lake and alders is full of them when they netted the speci lake recently they had one well over 4 lb in the net :wink:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

4lb Perch would do me nicely, looks like that's another water I need to visit this year :yes: oh well :wink:

7. woody

woody New Member

not sure if he would let other people use plugs tho :cry: definatly a no no in summer imaging the look on others faces as you foul hooked a 20lbr in the back :canadian: :canadian:

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, would never want to foul hook something :no: Would fish lobworm but you just know you are going to be plague by nusiance 20lb Carp :wink: Probably could get away will small single hook softbaits as they would bounce over larger fish (you'd hope so at least) but probably not worth the risk.

9. woody

woody New Member

now is the time of year wen u want to targetthem whilst the carp are asleep ,maggot i would say would be your best bait definaitly try on the alders these perch are wild and have not been stocked in the the complex but thanks to all the high protein baits that get slung in in summer these perch will continue to get bigger :wink:

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

It's been a while since I did a bit of float fishing so may get myself down there for something different. I'll post a pic when I get the 4lber :wink:

11. woody

woody New Member

might c you there im there most weekends unless there is a wind from a northerly direction then my intentions turn to the sea :cool: