1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girlfriends and fishing .....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Exactly ...best comment so far "start as ou mean to go on.".... the best way.

2. Mr T

Mr T Blenny

On wife no. 2 now as the 1st one decided that life with my friend would be better than being a fishing and hunting widow, which was hard to take for a couple of weeks - but then the shooting season started :happy:

Wife no. 2 followed shortly after and she is absolutely spot on with it, but I made sure she knew exactly what I was all about from the outset. I can remember the 2nd week in she was spending quality time with me behind a pigeon hide :cheesy: then it was out lamping foxes in mid winter :laugh: and then for a spot of winter fishing and shooting - she loved it :yes:

But with kids now involved and the expectations of family life, my habbits have changed a bit. Not volume, just timing - Deer stalking and yaking at first light or last light in summer and foxing and fishing after the wife and kids are in bed in the winter, but I love it that way as in my book unsociable hours are the best times of any day in my book :happy:

Keep your pecker up woody, there are plenty more fish in the sea as they say :yes: I hope you find yourself a good lady woody :wink:

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: Class! Made me laugh that one bud :laugh: :laugh:

4. Rod

Rod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Took my present missus out on first date on a saturday night and had to keep myself right as was fishing a comp the next morning,she was ok as her dad and brother are both long time fishermen,When we got married on a saturday afternoon and had the reception on the night I still had to keep off the drink as I was fishing the Ryhope open the next day.So nowt like starting as you mean to go on,lol.

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

told ya on fb mate you can go fishing when you want, on my wedding morning i was up at 630 to paint my wheelhouse cuz the signwriter was coming while i was on my honeymoon lol, well marriage didnt last 7 months i fish when i want now and dont have to answer to anyone, ur best off out it mate birds will come and go fishing will remain the constant . . .

6. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hard lines Woody mate but I can assure you that it's best in the long term mate.....never give up your fishing, it's what we do and they have to understand that.
    It's sad but women come and women go........... fishing will be your buddy for life.

I was married for a long time and then she left, I swore that I wouldn;t live wth another one but here I am with Julie......we never learn do we :laugh:

When I served my apprenticeship, as a Millwright, I learnt a lot more than just a trade, the two best bits of advice i was told by the old hands were:
    "Never get sentimental about cars and women................there's loads of them" and
    "Fanny will draw a bloke further than dynamite will blow him so always be on your guard"

Regards Ian

7. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

Just explain at the outset that the world is three-quarters water and one-quarter land, so it is not unreasonable for you to spend three-quarters of your life on land and a quarter of it on water. If she doesn't see the logic in that, then tell her she's chucked. :laugh:

8. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

This subject just reminded me of a joke. At the risk of not appearing to take this delicate matter very seriously, I'm gonna tell it anyway.

A man was on the water for his weekly fishing trip. He began his day with an 8-pound bass on the first cast and a 7-pounder on the second. On the third cast he had just caught his first ever bass over 11 pounds when his mobile phone rang.
    It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident and was in a critical condition in the ICU. The man told the doctor to inform his wife where he was, and that he'd be there as soon as possible. As he hung up he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best day ever on the water.

He decided to get in a couple of more casts before heading to the hospital. He ended up fishing the rest of the morning, finishing with 3 bass over 10 pounds. He was jubilant.

Then he remembered his wife. Feeling guilty, he dashed to the hospital. He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife's condition.

The doctor glared at him and shouted, "You went ahead and finished your fishing trip didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself, your wife has been anguishing in the ICU! It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will be more than likely the last fishing trip you ever take! For the rest of her life she will require 'round the clock care. And you'll be her care giver forever!"

The man was feeling so guilty he broke down and sobbed.

The doctor then chuckled and said, "I'm just pulling your leg. She's dead. What'd you catch?"

10. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Here's a question - how many fishing forum posts does it take to get dumped?!

I'm at 400+ and get nagged all the time for spending too much time on fishing forums, cant imagine the grief some of youwith 1000's get!!!

11. woody

woody New Member

cheers lads not bothered about being dumped lol , first time in a long while i been dumped ,,as they say theres plenty more fish in the sea / west pier ps glenn i have a cousin lives in thiland hes a diving instructer sounds like a plan !!!

12. metal micky

metal micky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Tommy and Johnny are fishing at Redcar,the slipway opposite the Royal.
    During thier session a funeral cortege passes.
    As it passes Tommy turns round takes off his hat and bows his head in respect.
    Johnny say's that was good of you showing your respect like that.
    Tommy say's"it's the least i can do,we've been married for 35 years"

13. metal micky

metal micky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If all the guys want wives and girlfriends to help with thier fishing are they prepared to
    help the girls with thier knitting etc.
    captain codeye is very good at winding wool,he did it for his mam.

should'nt have put that last bit,he's gonna have a fit.

14. mich

mich Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sorry for butting in chaps, woody matey looks like you need a dog to take fishing and for the company, dogs are a lot less bother than us women, i personally love fishing, bempton top is my fav place to fish, smoothhounds upto now are my fav fish to catch, i would say bass were but still yet to catch one, i obviously have a bass repelent on my hooks, and al aka stonefish my hubby can go off fishing when ever he likes gives me a bit of peace :wink:, i think when you do hook up again woman wise that is find one with a hobby of her own who also likes fishing then at least you can moan back when she is off doing her thing, my other passion apart from fishing is hunting with hawks, good luck with both the fishing and woman woody, regards michelle :happy: :happy:

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Reckon its luck of the draw Woody, my Mrs moans n groans a bit but still lets me go fishing once a week............

16. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

when our lass says ' you going fishing again?' with one of those faces they pull... the reply is usually ' dint start or I'll gan to the club instead'.

I used to be out 4 times a week minimum with pool team, football, snooker, then there was the all day Saturday watching Sunderland game on foreign channel etc which saw me roll in early hrs and back out Sunday afternoon for the obligatory recovery session. I've been out about 4 times this year so I think she knows which side her bread's buttered these days.

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:yes:

Well Look at me , over five and a half thousand post's and never a cross word,
    i defo keeping this one for life :yes:

i am so lucky ,go off fishing when i want ,visit the mull when i want ,play guitar when i want , she is buying me a Canon 7D, for Christmas, she is one in a trillion,

my advice is , get a window cleaning round your sure to find the right one mate :wink:

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

or at least youll get to look at the right one through the bedroom window :wink:

19. woody

woody New Member

ha ha peeping tom , dont think it would do well mate .....

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The first thing you have to do is make it clear thar you and fishing go hand in hand , if she wants you she has to have the fishing , end of
    Women always want to change things and you will be no different . But that can only happen if you let them. Alot of Women dont really
    have real hobbies and cant understand your passion for angling , a bit of why do you need fishing arent I enough , If you were out
    womanising , boozing every night , living in the bookies etc etc they would have a point , they dont seem to complain if you work a double shift , half a shift etc thats ok , but you going out to do something you love is beyond the pale , and with alot of them thats the way it is , if there is give and take from both sides , and thats not you giving and them taking things should be ok ,

I remember many years ago , there was a good sea running , I mentioned going out fishing again and was met with that look of a bulldog chewing a wasp I decided not to go,to keep the peace , she was engrossed in watching the soaps back to back , if I had been sat there bollock naked with a ten gallon hat on she would have been non the wiser , the following night my mate phoned me up about
    the great nights fishing everybody had , I was met with you should have gone said the wife !!!!!!!!!!! so from that day forward thats
    what I have done since , make hay whilst the sun shines , with women no matter what you do you should have done the opposite , Fact
    so as long as the conditions are right for fishing , go for it