1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girlfriends and fishing .....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, Oct 4, 2011.

1. woody

woody New Member

is it just me??? is there any women that like fishing , every bloody relationship i seem to have seems to go bang with the fishing front , am i right to put my feet down and go fishing as i do or am i better off to back down and live under the thumb as many do , i know in life its up to every individual to how aand what they do in there lives , am i gonna be a batcholer boy , (cliff richard ) or is there any undersanding women left in this world lol ,, whats everyone elses thoughts on the matter , ?? and ps yes i have just been dumped :embarrass: :embarrass:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Re: girlfriends

There are one or two understanding women out there, rare breed though. Luckily our lass doesn't mind me going fishing and actually joins me at times, it's why I married her, that and she has big funbags :embarrass:

Tis odd though why some lasses think they can control what you do in your spare time, anyway, stuff her bud. Will give you chance to bang a load of cod sessions in on Whitby West, err, wait a sec :whistle:

3. woody

woody New Member

cheers sam will have to find another whitby west , in the mean time ...... oh and another lass , lol

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

You can use the internet for both :laugh: :laugh:

5. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Luckily my mrs understands my fishing needs as long as i dont go silly and fish almost every night like i did 1 year lol

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I told you last night mate. Stay single live with your mum and dad as long as they will let you. And just spread the wild oaks mate. Lol.

When Mrs Ducky is well I can get a couple of times a week only cos I keep going on and she wants rid of me. Lol.

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Pmsl you saying mail order women Sam or just watching. Lol

8. bassman

bassman Administrator

You had a lucky escape woody m8 :tease:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I was with my last partner 14 years. We hardly ever argued about me going fishing. I went a couple of nights every week. In that time span I never went to the pub and I never looked at another woman. Infact in all those years I remember 2 arguments over fishing. One was when my daughter was born and Lisa brought her home. The conditions were bang on for pennock nab, and off I went. Perhaps a little inconsiderate I guess.

The second argument was perhaps the final nail in the coffin. Christmas 2 years ago she flipped her lid because I opted for the uptiding festival rather than taking her out to dinner. Not long after she announced she was leaving me.

Time passed by. Recently I was talking to an old friend, and he told me I had ballsed my relationship up by making Lisa a fishing widow. I felt bad for er............. a couple of minutes. Then I thought wtf. If going fishing was the worst thing I did then bloody hell I didn't do that bad. If I had gone out on the pi$$ every night, come in, beat her up, spent all the money, shagged half of Whitby then she would have room for complaint.

One life - Fish It.

Oh and an annual holiday to Thailand could be fun. Your more than welcome to come with us if you want woody.

10. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

That's exactly the right attiude,wether it be fishing or any other hobbies people should take you for what you are,it's when they try to change you when the trouble start's,and if they do change you you are then a different person they fell for in the first place,i've told our lass their's no gaffer's in our house as long as she dose as i tell her,worked for me for the last 40 yrs :yes:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Woody get yourself moved to nearer the coast , then the quick dashes to fish the right conditions will be easier plus a new start an all that.
    Having done it can highly recommend it.

The other thing is don't worry too much if they keep dumping you, at least it means you get to try a new one for size regularly.. :wink: :wink: :wink:

12. carlsimpson

carlsimpson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Your other halfs needs a hobby as this helps to get away fishing, my lass goes riding on her horse. Can I ask is anyone able to send Pms as I've sent 3 replies to Glenn but he's not pm back so if your reading this Glenn can you let us no if you got them
    Thanks carl

13. nevbob

nevbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

evening all!

Ive said to my gf that when we buy a house we are moving towards the coast hahahaha as for the gf booting off touch wood she hasnt she just shrugs her shoulders :cool: that'll do me :cheesy:

nev

14. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i would love to move nearer the coast instead of the major planning that a trip from leeds and back involves when i want to wet a line but the wife loves her job and even though she doesnt mind me fishing [theres worse i could be up to i suppose],i cant wait till shes had enough and lets us sell the house and move seaward.

frank.

15. kayos

kayos Guest

Find a new lady, take her on a couple of traditional dates, then take her fishing. If she doesn't enjoy it, look again, until you find a lady who gets hooked (pun intended). Sharing a hobby is great and you are never without a fishing buddy and can have days like this, when she catches all the big fish and you look like a twat!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So beware, it does have its downsides!

Another is if you go fishing partly to get away from her....Ive no chance of ever doing that!!

16. bucko

bucko New Member

Happy as Larry with my wife- she puts up with the strange hours, the endless fishing chat with folk she doesn't know and appreciates that we might have a 'relationship gap' should I meet a rich old randy widow with a weak heart and fishing rights on a good salmon river :wink:
    I hope........

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

So Bucko is a granny basher in tweed? :laugh: :laugh:

18. ian v

ian v Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Couldnt agree with Glen more!Came out of a 22 year relationship,14 years married,last year.This the reason why i wasnt on here last year, previous name was codhelpme.Fishing wasnt the reason we split but as it was mentioned in her reasons for divorce probably didnt help either!Difficult to try to explain to someone who dosen`t fish that the best time to go is when the conditions are right and as this might be 3am its not going to be popular sometimes.Like Glen,i didnt go out much,never looked at another woman,fishing was my only vice.Then when the split came i lost all interest in fishing,just the opposite to what i always thought would happen.I always said if i was single i`d be out fishing every night.The interest is back now, bought a kayak and cant wait to get out on it, or to do a bit from the shore.I`ve met someone who likes eating cod,she might starve waiting but i`m going to enjoy trying for some!Bide your time Woody,and when you meet someone give her your ground rules and stick to them.Some women seem to enjoy that control thing where it becomes a challenge for them to tame you,dont let them,best of luck.

19. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

When I started going out with my wife I already had a week's carp fishing booked with some mates a few days after. She was waiting for me when I got back - we got married 11 months later (no - she wasn't pregnant) and have been married for 28 years :kiss:

Start as you mean to go on and you both know where you stand :wink:

20. bucko

bucko New Member

If they've got fishing on Tweed I'd wear a tattersall g-string or whatever they wanted Sam!