1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting the extra distance with braid??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by 1LASTCAST, Nov 5, 2010.

1. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i know sometimes the fish are at your feet however if needing the extra distance just wondering has anybody ever tried using silocone ptfe spray on braid and rod rings to get the extra distance to reduce friction,not sure if the silocone would degrade the structure of the braid,anyone tried it and would it work??

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Gary why not buy a bait boat and tow your plugs out i made a radio controlled duck to use on castle Howard lake (ESMO) worked a treat use to pull 1/2 makkie baits out over 200 yards also used balloons to take baits out cast to the wind line and greased the line with Vaseline to make it float tightlines Alain

3. Stevie

Stevie Blenny

Don't know about that but once it's on your line you won't get it off and braids not cheap. Wiil make your line heavier i think. Also you won't be picking much up with silicone spray dripping on your fingers.

4. woody

woody New Member

also the smell in the water will you catch out or will it work as a repelant ?