1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting out this sunday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Dec 29, 2016.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alright its been awhile you lot.

After only getting 2weekends away fishing up n/e scotland in the last 2 year and a ride up to only have 3casts to then be called back home. Ive had a hard 15 month which is starting to slowly balance its self out which means the fishing has been none or very little at all with the though of getting called back home or hospital with the little one. She was born with 3 heart defects which seen us spend nearly 6month on n off in freemans hospital and she was last allowed out the day before her 1st birthday n since then been ok. (touch wood it stays like that)

My fishing pals have bern fantastic even tho i not seen them in along time they always been on the other end of the phone.
    Trying to sorta session out is not easy with me living inland now but this sundays am going to get out n wet a line for the 1st time in ages. I am so much looking forward to it and hope its the 1st session of alot more.

I still have my pink hat and its been waiting for me in my draw to once again warm my grey growing hair.

Ive been keeping an eye on social media n so on and would like to say thank you for all your post and photos of fish. As ive been trying to think of how to cast a line again its hard to think i went from fishing 4 plus days/nights a week to nowt. If you told me this afew year ago id push you off a cliff.

Hopefully i will have a tight line post stuck up on sunday night. For yous to have a read of.

Stay safe as always
    Mick

• Like Like x 4
  2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Nice post mick good luck Sunday...shame can't join ya..I'm working

• Like Like x 1
  3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sometimes in lifes little journey we find things that are more important than fishing, like family and kids, hope the little one gets over her medical issues, the fishing will be a welcome relief for you when all turns out well and more importantly it'll still be there when youre ready to get back in the swing

• Like Like x 1
  4. mad mick

Thank you. She alwats going to be like this just gets easyer as she gets bigger but still needs opps every 2 to 3 years as they have rebuild/bodged her heart to as close to normal with calf vessels and they rot away over time.

We will get out soon sean. Even if its a school night.

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

keep it up bud ive had wife with regular ops over last 25 years and we are still going strong
    she lets me fish as much as possible we all need to chill
    hopefully it will get easier for you

• Like Like x 1
  6. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Looking forward to reading your report Mick. You have had a hard time with the young one and it is hard work with kids in hospital but the Freeman is very good at what they do. Pleased to here things have settled down a bit for all of you. Dont forget the pink hat all the best to you and the family for New Year. Take care Chris

• Like Like x 1
  7. mad mick

Same to you all. Stay safe.
    Aye i wont sleep tonight with going out in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

good luck bud,....remember...move around up there as some places hold fish at different stages of the tide and txt me if you get anything

• Like Like x 1
  9. mad mick

Howdo. Sorry its abit late but got that shitty cough n that.
    I choose to fish howick in northumberland with the way the forecast was. Left my house at 5am and landed at howick at 6.25am basically across the a69 and north up the a1 for 30mile or so.

As i got out the car a van pulled up alongside asking if id been fishing. I was thinking this lad is off the map ha ha. Turns out he been out all night n had nowt and asked if he could join me.

Now me and this lad called ross had never fished this area and i got told from sage on agood mark so armed with google earth screen shots of the paths and a fully charged head lamp we found the make very easy.

Casting with the wind on our backs i was using the fix spool loaded with braid with the ttr. I took the triplex to but i thought it be far to windy to use it so the fix spool went on the bottom of the rod which was a 1st for me casting and reeling in i found this nice and normal after a few chucks. The sea was rolling in nice and with more colour in the water than whats in a rainbow i was feeling postive.

Fishing the ebb on what looked a lovely deep water mark in the dark was proven once daylight came with only 1 little rattle. Few hours passed and ross left then i was thinking of moving when i picked my rod up and it went over in my hand. I was into my 1st fish of 2017 and 1st fish in well over 1 year. The rush was great i must say even tho it was a mop it was the 1st thing i hooked in ages i kissed that little beast and slipped it back into the water.
    Everything came back out my bag thinking id get another but i was so wrong.
    I tryed afew marks on the bottom for over low and walked south to find a spot out of the wind and the growing larger sea. I walked around 2mile south and then back again and fished a gully infront of where i parked the car. The sea was flooding in nice and i was feeling good for a fish. This gully was a hungry one 5chucksi had and only got a full rig back twice but no fish.

As i was getting iller and fishing was going down the pan i made a move to the car for the ride home. Least i didnt blank on my 1st trip in such along time. I cannot wait toget out again which wont belong with any luck.

Also this is the longest we been out the hospital so touch wood stays like that on the 20th of this month when we back in clinic at the freemans.

Cheers for reading

Mick

• Like Like x 1
  10. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

keep it up bud nice read