1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GEONAV MARINE ELECTRONICS

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/johnston-outdoors-supply-geonav-products

:happy:

2. newdave

newdave Guest

they look just the job for the kayak, :yes:

wish i had gone that route instead of the combo unit

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Why do you say that Dave?

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

What sort of price will they be retailing at ?
    The thing is how immprerative is it to carry something like this on a kayak , ? I would assume the main essential to carry would be a vhf radio , would i be correct in thinking this ? did i read this item comes built in with a radio or did i miss read the thread ,,,Thanks future yakking buddies.... :cheesy: :cheesy:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Personally speaking I would say Bare essentials (emphasis on essential before anyone tells me off) to get started Dav then look at nice gadgets once you have a personal feel for how you want your kayak fishing carrear to proceed. Just the past year Ive noticed a lot of people chopping and changing and bemoaning certain items, which also makes for a good second hand market.

6. newdave

newdave Guest

main reason Ray is that when my combo unit crashed it meant i had lost both sounder & GPS. Also the large unit requires a fair bit of power compared to the Garmin fishfinder. Also the the handheld plotter is completely portable & can be used for walking etc. I have a handheld Garmin but it has a small screen & no charts. that unit has a 3 1/2 " screen & displays proper charts

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers Dave, certainly things worth considering before splashing out.

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ray you would be wise to spend some of your match winnings on some kit like this rather than stashing it all above the bathroom ceiling :whistle:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:laugh: I wish Ken! I seem to have gone full circle with the yak gear, from almost having to hire a sherpa to hardly taking anything but the bare essentials. I put the later down to the type of fishing I am interested in though which is plugging/lure fishing close to shore. You lads have taken to another level with your deep sea exploits and like me your gear/kayaks have had to adapt too. I,m like the poor relation now :cry: