1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gatoride mod by graham hill

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by rascarrelbass, Feb 4, 2011.

1. rascarrelbass

rascarrelbass Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi, just wondering if anyone out there has filed the nodes off their gatoride zonks? Does it make much difference and is it worth doing? Also if you fit a diy bib does this effect the action ie; make it swim deeper or shallower?

2. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Glassback filed the nodes off one of mine, you do get the bib back lots as it pulls out, when I say a lot it didn't once and I lost it - Ducky fixed some DIY bibs on to 2 of mine made from a CD case, they swim just shallower than the standard, but if you made the bib larger then it would swim deeper - I think Biscuitlad put a thread on showing how to do it, I'll have a look later for it and post it up

3. glassback

glassback Blenny

i must admit i filed all mine as soon as i got them.and it does work but after a few hard session,s one did break.
    and same as iain said ,i just repaired it with a thin plastic lip made from a aerosol can ,lid.
    they still work well .
    i have also got some of the fixed lip one,s to .

4. broony

broony Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've heard a few people say that after filing them the bib pops round more easily. everytime you fish it, it gets worse until it pops out with every hard tug. I would just leave it be and fish it in the right places where it won't constantly snag.

5. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

I found the bib can flip even when you don't file them, and once they go like others have said, they start to flip every other time you get a fish.

You can fix them if they break - I now whip a new plastic bib in place with braid by cutting two little nicks into the plastic bib and where it slots into.

The standard zonk is a lot stronger than the gatarides and only swims a bit deeper, so if you don't need to fish ultra shallow, I'd just go with those and you won't have any issues of broken bibs. All zonks catch fish!