1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing Garmin Striker 4 or 5 install queries: Prowler 13

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Scarboroughseadog, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Scarboroughseadog

Scarboroughseadog Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hey guys, after years of managing without one I have decided to install one of the above DV units into my OK Prowler 13. Having (I think!) navigated all the install options ref batteries/ tranducers etc I think I am going to install the battery inside the long hatch (between the knees when seated- cant seem to attach the image) , screw the base unit directly onto the same hatch lid, and bring the cables through the hatch lid (or just through the existing hatch edge seal, avoiding the need to drill the lid). Should be neat and tidy. If I'm really clever I could attach the battery to the underside of the hatch so I can just unclip the lid and remove the whole assembly on shore.

Does the transducer unit stay on the yak all the time ie is it a semi permanent fit?
    How do I know if the specific transducer will fit the preformed transducer hole?
    Other than a small 12V battery, do I need anything else or just what comes in the box?
    Is the smaller screen of the 4 OK, or do I need the 5?

Any installation tips greatly appreciated before I take the plunge!

Thanks