1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. basha

basha Blenny

had another run down the gare weds night fished low tide.the whiting were on the feed with a few flounder in the mix.only went for scraps.ended the night with 14 whities and 7 flatties and a surprised 2 and half pound lobster which took a liking to my black lugg and squid cocktail.had to scramble down the rocks to get it,pretty pee'd off it was aswell........made good eating the missus loved it never having lobster bfore.was in the pan as soon as i got home.

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice one Mark. Were the whities of any size?

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good session that we did beach tonite down from cafe 2 small cod both to rag and both caught by my bud paul
    i had couple of knocks but missed them

4. basha

basha Blenny

they were a decent stamp dave,certainely not pins.there was 5 takers,rest went back to swim another day.normally i throw them all back but my mother prefers whities over cod so took them back.the lobster i was over the moon with,had plenty of the gare but never one as big on hook n line.hoping to get out monday somewere but i would like a bitt more sea to be fair.

least you was out john,try the gare again mate.theres a lot of small stuff about,but take plenty of makky.its a flattie a throw if you dnt mind catching them,the whiting were a bonus expected the odd one but not as many as i did and ov quality.

5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice to see you getting a few Mark, you seem to be getting more than most from your fishing this winter but I know how much effort you put in so well done its hard won but well earned

6. basha

basha Blenny

cheers bri,same amount of effort bri as i put in for my bules fishing.you dnt catch sitting on the couch.
    im seeing a lot of cod caught when im out n about,i think a lot keep them under there hats as to what and were they are catching to be fair mate.i couldnt give a hoot who knows were i am and what im catching,if it helps others have a canny sesh then so be it bud.
    im certainely putting the miles in aswell following thoughs swells up n down the country.

7. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

did sandsend car park this after prob dozen rods and a few on the cliffs
    no blank for us today coley for me others caught whiting and dab fish came on about 4.30 for us
    baits black lug tipped with squid and maccy
    lovely afternoon then home to keep pooch calm while the fireworks on

• Like Like x 1
  8. basha

basha Blenny

least you was out john and no ell blanko.
    fireworks for the grandbairns tnite and a bitt ov a booze up for the adults.
    hoping to get out tuesday,see what the forcast is and decide on venue.might just hold me horses and wait for a decent see,dnt fancy the whities and flatties so much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had couple of hours this morning, just one small flatty but plagued by crabs .

10. basha

basha Blenny

had a few hours myself aswell last night,not as prolific with just two flatties and a small bass for 4 hours fishing.venue was the tees entrance clarence side,not brilliant and crabs were a problem but beat sat on sofa.