1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

funny things that you have caught

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by THE DOLPHIN, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

when i was younger fishing in a local canal i caught a leather belt. then bass fishing in the hamble river i caught a pair of sunglasses. from the boat i have caught lumps of rock, coral, pieces of wreck.
    a friend of mine was recounting in the pub of the monster he caught out his local canal, he played for about 15 minutes skillfully trying not to break his 1.5 lb hook length till it came to the net and it was a coconut!
    its amazin what people have caught over the years, great subject!

2. GRAWLER

GRAWLER Guest

About 20 years ago i was fishing the tidal Trent at Sutton and i spent 15 mins playing a nice fish which i got on the feeder and it felt like a 10lb river bream only to find that it was a LAMP SHADE. :laugh:

3. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

15 mins, you must have been fishin light Paul :laugh:

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

thats really bad neil :laugh:

5. GRAWLER

GRAWLER Guest

EY UP NEIL, WHERE'S YOUR WET PUSSY GONE? HAS SHE DRIED UP?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :
    :kiss:

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I remember one night about 25or so years ago ,me and a mate were fishing at staincliff (seaton canoe) it was blowing an absolute hoolie from the east,any way first cast and i thought that wasnt bad into the teeth of a gale,twenty mins later i siad to my mate i just had a cracking bite ,anyway i picked up my rod and couldnt feel anything so i started to wind in ,the my mate burst out laughing as my lead came trundleing along the prom :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it seems the wind and my bad casting had sent the lead sideways along the prom , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: well it was pitch black on a winters night :whistle:

7. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Glad I was,ent fishing next to you Harry Someone could have been knocked unconscious and you would,nt even have noticed. nice one Chris

8. robq

robq Rockling

I caught this wonky whiting a few years back at out newton :crazy: :crazy:

And no its not been edited in photoshop before anyone asks !!

[​IMG]

9. SJG

SJG Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

most of my strange catches came from scarborough pier, ive had a starfish, a seagull and a gullimot on the spinner with the gullimot being hooked in the arse and once whilst whiting bashing i managed to drag a seal in half way until it came to the surface and spat the hook! i was devestated because i thought it were a monster fish until the ugly twat reared its head!!! lol

10. wilky

wilky Blenny

I was tench fishing in a local pit when I was a kid and I did actually catch an old boot.

This pit was particularly difficult - me and me dad would fish it coupla times a week all summer for no reward, but the landing net was always in the water. One night he hooked a crucian - I said 'do you want the net?' He said yes, so I lifted the net out of the water to find 2 fat little tench sat in it !! Ahh memories - probably a housing estate now

11. burbidgetodd

burbidgetodd Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a bag full of dog poop cant say i was too happy

12. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a stinker ye dident open the bag did ye :surprise: :surprise: :vomit: :vomit:

13. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

6 ounce sinker 30/12/1986 stuck fast on east scar redcar, pulled and tugged and when it came out smacked me on the side of right eye, blood all over fantastic black eye over new year, no one beleived me, all said my mate had beat me up. still have the scar :hurt: :hurt:

14. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Just had a right laugh at that one Portlandbill bet that Hurt can just picture it. :laugh: :laugh:
    Reminds me off a Friend of mine when we were kids had a strong industrial type magnet on a bit of rope it got stuck to a Garage door head level as he pulled on the rope the obvious happend came of the door and smacked him in the head that was a hospital job for concushion and stitches :wounded: :wounded: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Chris

15. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

worst part of it dolphin :sad:i had a couple of fish at the time but couldnt carry on

16. olivefish

olivefish New Member

caught a twelve an arf pound carp on a buzzer whilst fly fishing other day

17. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a few years ago me and the lad had a trip to wales with a gang of hartlepool lads. when we got to our digs latetish on some of lads decided to go for a pint while we and a few others went fishing .by this time it was just about dark when we noticed this cat following us .it was still with us after we reached our spot about 20 minutes later .it enjoyed the fuss evreryone made of it and we all thought it was a little charmer untill the little b-----d started to eat our bait that we had in our bait tubs so i put mine in my tall haversack and chased it away . after after a few minutes i thought thank christ thats gone when i noticed a tail sticking out of my haversack. i pulled it out and it had my spare baited trace down its mouth . - fortunatly for you cat lovers out there it wasn't deeply hooked and it was returned unharmed

18. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

i once fishing hornsea nr the marine pub hooked what i thought was a blumming big cod everytime the wave broke i got line on it everytime the wave washed out it took line after 20 25 mins and loadsa sweating rod bent double there was near on 15 people all watching freinds rods had been taken outta the water i finally got the beast in .....................it turned out to be a very large peace of ancor rope covered in sea weed and to add insult to injury id hooked the monster with the smallest hook on thye pennle size 2 lol

19. November XIII

November XIII Catch the fish you love - love the fish you catch!

I hooked the Whitby Bell Buoy....and recieved a ding-dong prize at our annual fishing presentation.

I was trying be smart when Mackerel bashing and left my feathers on the bottom whilst Richard (Shy-Torque) repositioned the boat - to my disbelief, he rounded the Bell Buoy wrapping my feathers around it in the process!

GGGrrr

20. mr softee

mr softee New Member

Lumpsucker from the Brigg bright red with foot like a snail weird fish.