1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

funny things that you have caught

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by THE DOLPHIN, Mar 26, 2009.

1. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Talking to father last night in pub having a bit of a laugh about some of the things that some of you have caught. Anyway he reminded me about when we were winter fishing on a friends yacht just of hartlepool pier (hough). When father got hooked into what he thought was a mackrel the line was going under the boat then back the other side when he got it to the top it was a guillemot when he got it on board the bloody thing kept trying to fly of and lead weight kept pulling it back down. Mind it certainly wasn't happy viscous thing he maneged to get hook out and let it go but you should have seen the back of his hands thy were well marked of it beak biting him. Some mackerel Dad if you read this. :wounded: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. Antony

Antony New Member

On saturday july 13th 1985 i was fishing on a charter boat called Endeaver out of aberwystworth in wales.We were all catching dogfish,mackerel,huss,spurdog,ect,when me and the guy next to me both had bites almost at the same time.A few minutes later we had both landed the same thornback,both hooks in its mouth....greedy or what,ive never had one since.It was the day of LIVE AID......happy days

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

on my first attempt at fly fishing i caught a 4 lb bluebottle, what a scrap

on my first attempt at fly fishing i caught a 4lb bluebottle, what a scrap !!!!!

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

i did exactly the same thing to my mate on the esk last year :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I once hooked and played a large stone/small rock whilst trout fishing on the esk.

Also I once caught a blokes straw hat whilst casting out a spinner on the west pier. It took a chunk out of his hat. The bloke was a bit annoyed and said he was going to fill me in. He did calm down after a while, fortunately.

6. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

was once fishing on a boat out of Bladder Cove in Cornywall and caught a small Crocodile made of gold, didn`t punch up much of a fight but just as I was lifting it over the rail it dropped off and was promptly swallowed by a seagull. The boat was an old cobble called Plorifoal painted bright red.

7. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

The cobble Plorifoal eh - who you kiddin ?

8. denz20

denz20 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When i was young un whilst fishing a local stream with my school mates i got very excited when i felt something on the end of my line. Upon landing i was dismayed to find a lump of brown mud. I had to use my hands to remove said stubborn peice of mud. Wiped my hands on my top and carried on fishing upstream. 20 yards further up discovered a big smelly sewage outfall. This is when the reality struck home of the lump of mud. My mates p****d themselves.

9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Just had a laugh reading throw some of these has anyone got any more to add. Tightlines all Chris

10. fred323

fred323 New Member

caught someone nicking my gear on saltburn Pier a few years back if that counts

11. Biff

Biff New Member

Was out fishing from rocks on Anglesey earlier this year.
    Thought I'd hooked something decent although was a bit suspicious :suspicious: when there was not the usual line movement. Turned out to be a plastic bag with 2 packaged prawn sarnies in it :laugh: b.b. date said following day !!
    Used them as ground bait, still caught nothing :embarrass:
    Biff

12. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

when fishing at throxemby lake 2 years ago in Scarborugh, i managed to get a really expensive plug snagged on something near the bottom. Next cast i put a spare on thinking it may have been bad luck, until i got caught again. After a good fight, i hauled in an old rusted yellow and red umbrella, with my plug attached :happy:

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Just had another read through this post ,i tell you it,s bloody funny what people have caught ,LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14. brad

brad Blenny

Caught a seagull fishing off a pier in cornwall. It took the bait in mid-air, and they peck hard then a few summers later caught another one when spinning for mackeral. That one took a mepps spinner in mid air.
    On Jean K, on a trip that wasn't cancelled, one of the guys thought he was into a big fish, turned out to be a rod and reel. Quite old so not worth keeping. The reel was a centre pin type (are they called scarborough reels?). A couple of drifts later on the same wreck the same guy dragged up a fishermens smock. We were then trying to catch the fish that pulled him in. :laugh: Didn't manage it though.

15. ste ryder

ste ryder New Member

I've have also caught the rock fish.

16. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

my first time out on a boat a couple of months ago one guy was reeling a fish in and a damn seal nabbed it......it didnt let go and proceeded to fight for about 15 - 20 mins. eventually the guy got his gear back, minus fish!

and the cheaky bugger kept popping his head up with what looked like a good fish in its gob just to rub it in!!! :angry:

17. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Once caught a bat while fly fishing for seatrout ended up cutting it off as it was pitch black and couldn't realy see what I was doing and it was going berserk aswell some people reckon they cary rabies ? Ive had quite a few try take the fly while casting on a night..
    Dorado, is the Avon not a tributary of the Spey mate

18. bucko

bucko New Member

Caught a bat myself- luckily after reading about the rabies scare I'd packed a gardening glove and pair of wire cutters- a quick snip and pull through and it was back over the pool.

Caught a landing net at Lockwood many moons ago and lost a dead rabbit in the margins on the Esk a few years back.

19. glassback

glassback Blenny

i was fishing at makro one night and caught apair of undies,did,nt like handling them. and one day down beach after skate my mate got a slack linner and after a 15 min fight dragging him about 800yrds down the beach ,he pulled in a 4ft peice of carpet .what a fight bang went that record skate

20. trickie999

trickie999 New Member

fished the drive at scarbrough, had a cracking bite on my rod struck it and thought yes here we go. After a good 10 Min's reeling line in then out managed to get it to the top at distance, a small crowd started to gather someone shouted its a conger thought here we go must be a good size only once at the top it was a vacuum pipe!!!!!!!