1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frozen Out

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by lochbois, Dec 14, 2011.

1. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Wild Polar Bears my arse, now they are saying we are being fooled into beleiveing we are watching wild animals in the Frozen Planet.
    Think its about time mr Atinbrugh hung up his snow boots if he is going to convince us any longer.

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Peter just who is this "They" you keep referring too ? David Attenborough has got to be the most awarded and respected Natural Geographist in the world so why have a go at him ? Very very strange behaviour from whoever "They" are..

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Wait until you see the Top Gear Xmas special where him and Jeremy Clarkson try to outrun an angry polar bear in a five man sled powered by the engine from a 1974 Reliant Robin!

4. rizla

rizla Blenny

the worlds best teacher.

5. foo

lol that will be worth staying up for pmsl.

6. foo

100% agreed

7. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i think sir david attenbororough commands the greatest respect of all naturalists ,even if it was artificially fimed it was still in credible to watch ,some of the made up stories you see on some so called wildlife documentaries are appalling ,ive allways found his views honest myself, he is the king of nature to me

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You don,t think for a minute that they set up camera,s in the wild to watch a polar bear giving birth do you!
    All these other shots which are taken in set-up places are only done to enhance the programme for the viewers benefit, if they didn't,t you wouldn,t see them at all.
    I worked for a chap who lived near Malton, years ago, who did the very type of shots in question, ie moles underground.
    I,ts still real so personally I can,t see the problem.
    The quality of these programmes are respected throughout the world.

9. lochbois

lochbois Guest

The BBC are showing these programs. Sir David has had to come on and explain to the public how they have been able to get the shots .
    I just think the camera work is going to high tech.
    Just look at the geese with cameras attached in flight .
    Remember i am still watching Jack Hargreaves Out of Town series on Video.
    My reservoir rod is the Richard Walker Farnbrough bought when carbon first came on the scene.
    I think i stopped watching Top Gear when Clarkson joined so i wont be watching his Xmas Special.
    Now i have me puppy i have someone to go out on a xmas walk so i will be happy walking in Teesdale probably.

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now that I would watch!

Ray is spot on, the BBC and Attenborough knock out the best nature documentaries and have done for many years. If they have to go to a zoo to get the polar bear giving birth shot then so be it, I suspect it would be near impossible to get that shot in the wild without peeving off the polar bear!

Love the way you managed to start a thread on Polar bears but end up talking about Teesdale :confused:

11. Davo

Davo Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: You couldnt make it up.

12. foo

The wonderful world of planet Lochbois.

13. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Of fucking course they arent going to film a wild polar bear giving birth, as the man said..." if we tried that the bear would either kill her offspring or the cameraman"

nothing wrong with creating the illusion of wildlife to play in with the context of the film, was it a polar bear? was it giving birth?...was it flmed and published in a documentary featurning polar bears giving birth?....mission accomplished.

Attenborough makes good documentaries, always has.

Seriously man, how is this even worth complaining about

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Same as the Clarkson thing bud, complaining for the sake of complaining :tired:

15. rizla

rizla Blenny

the controversy regarding this first surfaced for me on 5 live in the victoria derbyshire slot at least 4/5 days ago so it's not just peter that was fooled.the photography and the relaxed commentary can make you forget about what is possible and what must be staged. they had a phone in and the director/producer/someone responsible for it was interviewed. how you relate the above to clarkson's comments is beyond me. one is an expresion of disappointment after discovering that something you watched and believed to be true wasn't quite how you imagined,whereas clarkson made a political comment at a time when millions of people were fighting for their pension rights,what they signed up for,if it happened individually we'd problably think breach of contract. clarkson is just a big irresponsible buffoon,an idiot without a conscience,drive fast,speed doesn't kill,global warming is crap,big thirsty engines are great.he's not very understanding when it involves his home in isle of man where he's trying to prevent walkers using established trails

16. lochbois

lochbois Guest

My reason for complaining about the Polar bears was because David Attenbrough has had to go on every chat show to explain that trick photography is being used these days.
    Seems that i should just sit and watch the shows and say nothing.
    I was disgusted when i saw Clarkson talking about shooting people in front of their families on a BBC chat show.
    The presenters were even more embarassed by Clarksons comments, and rightly so when thousands are loseing their jobs every day and their homes.

17. Benq23

I just despair of people really, maybe its the digital age and the availability of outlets for writing complaints about things that dont matter to people who dont care.

not a direct dig at the OP but a dig in general of the ease of rabbiting on about random shite. if a pen and piece of paper + stamp and envelope were required to make these "complaints" would any of them bother?

Not bloody likley is the correct answer there.

18. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If you dont like/agree with something then dont watch it simples.

Cant wait for the fishing to pick up to read some thing intresting

19. rizla

rizla Blenny

you mean like what you're doing now? it's called freedom of speech,how was it for you?

20. Benq23

No, and I'll explain this in very simple terms if you like

I am responding to a random complaint about things that dont matter, not in fact instigating a complaint about something that dosent matter, unless Ive missed something and i now live in a world where instigation and response are somehow the same thing.

freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, but comes with the cost of others being able to call peole out on complaining for the simple reason that they have nothing better to do