1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French Pair Trawlers Hitting Local Fish Stocks Off Yorkshire Coast

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Leon Roskilly, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Leon Roskilly

Leon Roskilly New Member

See:

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/6787/New_French_dispute_flares_off_Yorkshire_Coast.html

:)

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: French Pair Trawlers Hitting Local Stocks

Talk about Pot and Flaming Kettle

3. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Re: French Pair Trawlers Hitting Local Stocks

north east commercial fishermen complaining about the french pair trawling off our coast.they want to look in their own backyards.every trawler fishing out of whitby and probably most other ports have at some time been involved in illegal fishing activities.whether it be falsifying log books or landings of illegal fish ie over their quota to fishing in restricted areas they've all done it.a lot of them have been fined for it as well(not a big enough fine in my eyes).

4. Howard

Howard Blenny

I know what u mean ringer m8 but these are Frenchies! they knackered their own grounds years ago that is why they are here to just finish ours off then retire.
    Can someone please put the info up on Mackys site about this because i am afraid some folk are moaning about a dozen yting being taken for the table. oh and I have tried but cannot do it .ta.

5. Leon Roskilly

Leon Roskilly New Member

In today's paper:

http://www.whitbytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=983&ArticleID=2096966

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

Fishing outside of the 12 mile limit? my ass.One skipper of a large potting boat that lands to the firm i work for had 4 fleets towed away in 1 day(well inside the 12 mile limit.He gets in touch with our coastguards,DEFRA and the Fishery Protection Vessel,only to be told there is nothing they can do to help him!!! Far easier to impose limits and licences on recreational anglers ;) ;)